Female hair loss help needed

I have recently been going through a stressful time and i now notice that much to my horror my hair has thinned right down so much so that you can easily see my scalp, i am really embarassed about this can anyone offer me some advice about how to cure this? i am female by the way which makes it worse! thanks ppl.

Hmm, the only thing I can think of is Boots Hair Loss treatment spray, I saw it at the Boots in Hillsborough but it's £80 which is a helluva lot of moolah but you do get 6 months supply. The only other thing I can think of is to get extensions, but that wont be cheap either.

i know i dont really know what to do, i guess i could buy a wig! maybe if my stress levels go down my hair will return! i just dont want to end up wearing a syrup and everyone laughing at me because it looks like some sort of bad toupe lol

I wonder whats in the spray? and how it actually works, think i'll google it and see what i come up with

If you think it's related to stress levels, it's worth popping down to the doctor to see if you can get some minoxidil; it's only effective in around 1/4 to 1/3 of cases, though, and it might not be suitable for you anyway depending on what the cause is.

Nothing much else works. Beyond that you're looking at hair transplants (move the stuff from the back of the head to the crown), wigs, or plastic surgery (ouch).

I have recently been going through a stressful time and i now notice that much to my horror my hair has thinned right down so much so that you can easily see my scalp, i am really embarassed about this can anyone offer me some advice about how to cure this? i am female by the way which makes it worse! thanks ppl.

Might be Allopetia, I've heard it can be caused by stress. In very severe cases, all your hair could fall out. I would advise you to see your doctor.

I think they do cheaper smaller ones like 100ml size, the one I was talking about was 600ml. I doubt you'll end up having to wear a wig though! Best thing to do is to go see your doctor though like The Miller said, if it really is worrying you.

Hmm, the only thing I can think of is Boots Hair Loss treatment spray, I saw it at the Boots in Hillsborough but it's £80 which is a helluva lot of moolah but you do get 6 months supply. The only other thing I can think of is to get extensions, but that wont be cheap either.

I have also seen this but I'm banking on it being £20 for the spray. I am going to get some myself with my next advantage points but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has used it. Have a look on Boots website.. they have it on there and it tells you what it's good for or not and how to use it.

i think i will book to see my Gp see what he can suggest although i have been putting off going through embarasment its like saying out loud makes it real , while ever i can do the comb over bit i can kid myself that my hairs fine , but its got so bad lately that i cant hide it anymore

I wouldn't spend this much money, the spray probably won't work. I nstead you could try and find ways to manage your stress better .. go and see a doctor.

If you are stressed, you may be eating a poor diet and lack iron. Lack of iron can cause hair loss, so can a low thyroid count .. both these conditions can be traeted, but you need proper medical advice.

i think i will book to see my Gp see what he can suggest although i have been putting off going through embarasment its like saying out loud makes it real , while ever i can do the comb over bit i can kid myself that my hairs fine , but its got so bad lately that i cant hide it anymore

One thing that you could try is kelp.

Iv took it for quite a while when i was growing my hair.

My hair is down my back and very shiney.

http://www.femhealth.com/Kelp.html

Scroll down the link to what it says about what kelp does for hair loss and take 5 a day of these tablets.

You can get them from most places....as kelp is a common vitamin.

also take a look at what else its good for.

Quite a few of my clients have taken kelp and iv noticed the change in a month the texture of the hair been thicker and fuller.

These vitimins are cheaper then paying out 80 pound.

:)

female hair loss can be related to stress, hormones and vitamin deficiencies.

definitely have a word with your GP about it...my best friend has had a similar problem for years and she knows stress is definitely a factor, but her GP identified that she ha da zinc deficiency which they were able to sort out with supplements.

best of luck,

x