Holgate Crescent - Parson Cross - Sheffield

There was a family named Woollen lived on Holgate (Cresent I believe) and if my memory is correct, the number was 45. Also my father was a Plumber with Charlesworth at the time NPX was being built.

If he is still with us. Please get any of his memorys of the job written down on the Forum.

Sorry Albert,

He's been sorting the plumbing out upstairs for a few years now.

regards

Sorry Albert,

He's been sorting the plumbing out upstairs for a few years now.

regards

Hope he's made a good job of the Central Heating for when I get there!!

In 1946 whilst most of the new Parson Cross was being built I went to live at 77 Holgate Crescent. Initially attending Eccelsfield Junior School then Burgoyne Road, Walkley and eventually the first ;A; stream to go through Colley Sec Modern.

Did anyone on the forum live on Holgate Crescent at this time.

I remember: Carters, Murphy's, Godleys, Streets.

THE GODLEYS KEEP GETTING MENTIONED,WAS THE MOTHERS NAME KITTY? IF SO, I WAS ALSO HER CARER WHEN SHE LIVED IN THE FLATS ON MILNROW VIEW

THE GODLEYS KEEP GETTING MENTIONED,WAS THE MOTHERS NAME KITTY? IF SO, I WAS ALSO HER CARER WHEN SHE LIVED IN THE FLATS ON MILNROW VIEW

One of her son's called Jack (John) daughters or daughter in law told me that Jack was living at Stocksbridge. All being well she will read this and come back to you. Jack was one of my former School class mate at Colley Sec Modern.

We lived at 109 holgate crescent from 1960 I went to mansell infants and juniors I remember the wisemans. Ferneoughs cams crockers Simpson’s daggerts we were Kathryn and Julie Wilson

I think the pow's that built the roads on px were Italians billeted at high green.

In 1946 whilst most of the new Parson Cross was being built I went to live at 77 Holgate Crescent. Initially attending Eccelsfield Junior School then Burgoyne Road, Walkley and eventually the first ;A; stream to go through Colley Sec Modern.

Did anyone on the forum live on Holgate Crescent at this time.

I remember: Carters, Murphy's, Godleys, Streets.

I lived on Holgate crescent in the late forties ; I think it was at number 52, but not sure . We moved when my dad was killed in a works accident in 1948.

We lived at 109 holgate crescent from 1960 I went to mansell infants and juniors I remember the wisemans. Ferneoughs cams crockers Simpson’s daggerts we were Kathryn and Julie Wilson
Hi Alexeric1 - you and other Holgate Crescent folk may recognise some names in this scan from the 1970 Kelly's Directory.