Where is the best place for Curry and chips

Best chippy, Trafalgar at Trafalgar Road, Wadsley Bridge.

Does anyone know if the Balti King is any good?

Absolute crap.

best curry = down ecclesfield other end of the shops where the coop is across from ball :hihi:

when i saw the thread title i thought "curry and chips as in 1 meal" not curry down "the road" and chips "in handsworth". maybe i have strange tastes?

You can't beat Nirmals on Convent Walk, just off Glossop Road, for a sit down curry. Hong Kong Wok is great for a take out. It is situated on Abbeydale Road on the left going out of town about 100 metres before the bottom of Woodseats Road. The curry has a really different taste to the usual bland stuff served up in most Chinese takeaways and the prices are extremely reasonable.

Best chippy is one that I have recently discovered, which is opposite the Co-op on the shopping centre in Ecclesfield. Also, the recently opened one on Abbey Lane at Woodseats, next to the Lateshopper opposite The Abbey boozer, is excellent.

I like the three Adrimrals out in Mosborough/Beighton/Frecheville shops. Big thick chips, massive fish although not the cheapest. (Plus you'll see the new trade for Asylum Seekers :D)

Not done many curry restaurants but for quality and variety i would recommend Eskitimum buffet at Attercliffe.

Best curry by far in Sheffield is Butlers Balti - its fab.

Also have to agree that Broomheads chippy next to the Grindstone is also excellent

Getting slightly technical but this has bugged me for years........

It's got to be chips first.

I've always referred to them as chips & fish and not fish & chips.

As in chips & cake, chips & gravy etc.

Is it just me? Does it matter? To me it does.

Glad thats off my chest

listen, its fish and chips. end of.

the other examples sound best with chips at the start but you cannot do that here. fish and chips is the way Pele says it. And Jesus. And David 'the duke' dickenson.

chips and fish is what them mincers from 'trading up' probably say:o

now then, Harry's on washington/wostenholme road...bit hit and miss, but when they get it right...fncking great fish and chips.

Kashmir Curry Centre by carlisle street also great.

take away kebabs though, you NEED to go the Nether Edge Kebabs next to POPS, just get a chicken tikka 'bab, get home, sort yourself out some nice mood music, maybe a couple of candles, and enjoy.

Ooh, handbags at dawn, Bradders, you pedantic ****.

Last time I was in Harry's on Wostenholm I got enough chips to feed a family of gypsies. I'd said it was fine if the haddock took 7 minutes, but the guy must have felt bad, and sought to compensate me with several kilos of fried spuds. Lovely fish though, and consistently good chips.

2 Steps have had a variably history in terms of chip quality IMO, but they can rank among the best. Well, very nearly.

As a "one-shop-stop" for the chips/curry solution, The Broomhill Friery used to do a 'Chinese chicken curry and chips' for £1.50. I'm not sure if they still do it, as I haven't been up that way for a while. Probably worth checking out, though.

As an aside, Ronin, I liked your renaming of a national favourite. Spar does 'Potato and Meat pies' (generic meat, of course), named so because they don't contain enough of what can be legally classed as meat. Lovely.

Curries...er, Butler's? Bilash? With regard to Nether Edge Kebab house, I was hoping that they might do me a kebab meat rogan josh for my birthday. Here's hoping...

On my way back from the Vine last night I was gripped by the ludicrous notion that some chips and a seedy pie from Harry's would be a good investment.

I was wrong. The chips from Harry's minged large style :gag:

Back in the day, I used to enjoy chips & curry from Popeye's on West Street, but it was a bit shady last time I had it from there.

The chips from Harry's minged large style :gag:

I am saddened to hear of your chip-shop disappointment. I've always been pleased with Harry's chips. Maybe they saw you coming and gave you the scraps.