The impact of surnames on careers

I worked as a temp years ago for a man called Greville Rumble :D

Are there any houses for sale there? It might be a selling point for such peurile minds as mine :D

Some like the name, some don't...

A family have been forced to move home because they are fed up of living in Butt Hole Road.

Paul and Lisa Allott, who lived in a £150,000 bungalow in Conisbrough, South Yorkshire, said they were sick of the constant taunts, sniggers and pranks caused by their unusual address.

The family grew tired of groups of youths posing for photos by the street sign by their front wall with their buttocks bared and taxis and delivery men failing to turn up.

So, after 15 months Mr Allott, 30, decided enough was enough and moved out of the house along with his wife and his two young children.

All the other street names around here are quite sensible

Paul Allott

Mr Allott said: "We'd heard every single gag there is and we'd had enough.

"We've had people flashing their bottoms for photographs by the drive, we've had people ringing us up with hilarious jokes about the street name and then we've had those who just don't believe us.

"All the other street names around here are quite sensible.

"I just can't see why they didn't call it Butt Hall Road, or something like that. I've no idea why it was named like this."

New owner Peter Sutton said he knows what to expect and is looking forward to moving in.

Doncaster Council said it had no record of why the street had been called Butt Hole Road.

A family have been forced to move home because they are fed up of living in Butt Hole Road.

Paul and Lisa Allott, who lived in a £150,000 bungalow in Conisbrough, South Yorkshire, said they were sick of the constant taunts, sniggers and pranks caused by their unusual address.

The family grew tired of groups of youths posing for photos by the street sign by their front wall with their buttocks bared and taxis and delivery men failing to turn up.

So, after 15 months Mr Allott, 30, decided enough was enough and moved out of the house along with his wife and his two young children.

All the other street names around here are quite sensible

Paul Allott

Mr Allott said: "We'd heard every single gag there is and we'd had enough.

etc...

Oh dear... Allott of Butt Hole Road. Pfft!

The news reporter Nina Narnar (sp) always cracks me up too.

Is she a crime correspondent?

What about Lorenzo di Fiasco, who gave his name to a particular kind of spectacular disaster.

Sounds a bargain, I might ring the estate agent! :D

I could cope with the mooning having lived near Eccy Rd, I'd just be worried about Pizza Hut not delivering...

Hang on, that guy's name is P Allott. Glass houses and stones? :D

Yes , I could never marry a man whose surname had 'bottom' in it, perhaps I am too squeamish, there is an actor named Joseph Bottoms, is there a Mrs Bottoms ?

What a damn cheek. :rant:

I would change my name by deed poll if it had the word **** in it

One of my old mates second name was Pratt.

There used to be a film star called William Henry Pratt. He changed his name and became better known.

Incidentally one of his relatives was Anna Leonowens who inspired the stories of "Anna and the King of Siam" and "The King and I"

Sid James' character in 'Carry on at your convinience' was called Sid Flange.

I have always thought this a quite brilliant proletarian name, but my historical knowledge of this particular vaginal euphemism is sketchy to say the least. Given the word is a plumbing term, it seemed a predictable play on words for the time, but how a broad ridged strengthening device has morphed into a low brow description of a lady's part is beyond me.

Unsurprsingly, it's a word that doesn't appear to be banded about that much, even in a professional capacity. Moreover, it would be a foolhardy instructor who pointed out the benefits of 'a nice flange' to a bunch of giggling YTS plumbers in outsized hard hats.