Good experiences at Jessops

I dont want to invalidate the bad experiences some people have had as they sound scary, and having had a bad labour myself I know how scary it can get when things dont got to plan. However, as there are 2 posts on the bad about jessops, I thought it may be helpful for all those ladies expecing their first baby if people who had good experiences (and I know there are lots out there) could share them. It would be nice to balance things about a bit so as not to add to the host of anxieties floating around during pregnancy :confused:

p.s. I was fortunate in that I had a good experience at Jessops and really good care ......however it is v long story so wont bore everyone with it :-)

Good idea, SamMT. Let's see:

I had a cesarean, and the people in theatre were a proper comedy revue...kept me laughing too much to die of nerves.

I got my own room, and it was HUGE

I met lots of nice other mums

They proved their sense of humour even further by borrowing cosycub to scare visiting mums-to-be with (he was 10lb 13oz). I even met one who had gone into labour after her ward visit, and she blamed us, lol.

They proved their sense of humour even further by borrowing cosycub to scare visiting mums-to-be with (he was 10lb 13oz). I even met one who had gone into labour after her ward visit, and she blamed us, lol.

:hihi: BIG baby!! Mine was 8lb8oz & got stuck on the way out so also ended up in theatre, though having been in labour for about a week (well nearly) before this I sampled a few delivery suites & different approaches- all good. And yes, big rooms, particularly in delivery. When we arrived they brought us a tea tray. Felt like we were in a B&B!

i thought they were excellent with my second,they had only been open a week when i had my first and they were still a bit allover but with my little girl they were fab.

i was giving birth walking through the doors and they were all flapping around trying to find me a bed and when they did get me in a room the midwives were great and really put me at ease even though her head was on its way out before they even got my trousers off...:hihi:

so even though there are bad comments about them i think they do an amazing job.....:thumbsup:

I went in early as I thought my waters had gone and they were really nice and helpful but told me it would be a while, so sent me home after having done some checks.

So when I came back the same night in full blown labour they were a bit surprised :).

Ended up with a section too but they were all so reassuring as I was so scared of the needles.

One of the girls even held my hand while they put the spinal in.

On the ward all the staff was great too, so nice and helpful.

i had a good experience - had to rush in at 35 weeks with contractions 3 minutes apart and the chance of placenta praevia (had not had 36 weeks scan yet to see if low placenta at 20 weeks had moved). i found they were very quick to act when i got there and i had continuous care. once the drama had settled and we got reassuring results that baby may be staying put i was sent up to the wards and again was very impressed by the level of care and very human response and really like the layout of the place too! i'm planning to have my baby at home, but if i do need to go in i won't be worried as i was really impressed with my experience of Jessops.

i had a good experience and i was in there 2 weeks, i had an induction followed by 12 hour labour, followed by emergency c section my daughter was born at 36 weeks weighing 10lb 4oz spent 4 days in scbu, in this time i had fantastic staff a massive private room,no complaints here

I had a pretty good experience. Stayed in 2 nights as I was having trouble getting baby to breastfeed. Lovely midwife came and took the time to explain different ways to hold the baby so it would be easier for both of us and I haven't looked back since.

couldnt fault them, my daughter was my first and only child, jessops had only been open a couple of weeks, the midwife and student were tops, i didnt have any classes on childbirth so they talked me through each step. She even came onto the ward the next day to find me and see how we both were, which was nice:)