Facebook applications

my mates always send me invites to add this or that application, but does anyone else actually worry that your ticking a box saying the creators can access and use your information?

my facebook is just for actual friends so has real details, surely peeps are opening themselves up for identity fraud!

Yeah,me too, I wouldn't like giving all and sundry my details:suspect:

Depends on the apps. Like anything else in this life, don't be a tard.

my mates always send me invites to add this or that application, but does anyone else actually worry that your ticking a box saying the creators can access and use your information?

my facebook is just for actual friends so has real details, surely peeps are opening themselves up for identity fraud!

Just do what I do, ignore anything other than people typing on your wall etc.

One thing that bugs me on there, (though I'm an amateur on it) is like today when I was reading one of my old work friends site. It was a quiz entitled "how well do you know me?" I thought it'd be a laugh to answer it and answer the 20 questions, but to answer them, I HAVE to enable the whole application on my own profile:confused: why?

Most applications I just ignore now... don't have the time nor the patience to add all these new applications, let along keep them up to date and play on them daily. It's a full time job just ignoring them lol.

As for personal information, just be selective about what information you let people see on your profile.

I didn't know you were on facebook? I had a search for you a while back, but no avail.

I'll add you tonight.

I took my DOB off. I am sure that made my profile really secure(!)

I'm such a numpty. I didn't limit my profile at all but I have now. Thanks for the wake up call.

Who can see your details if you add an application? Anyone who looks, or just the creators?

Mind you, I haven't got any important details on there, anyone who wants to contact me already knows them!

Who can see your details if you add an application? Anyone who looks, or just the creators?

Mind you, I haven't got any important details on there, anyone who wants to contact me already knows them!

I think only your friends, and anyone in the network you are in.

Guardian Online today :shocked:

.....the social networking website Facebook has become one of the most expensive internet start-ups in history, with a valuation of $15bn......

......The deal turns Facebook's founder, Mark Zuckerberg, into a paper billionaire at the age of 23. He created the site, originally called TheFacebook.com, in February 2004 by uploading photographs from Harvard yearbooks to help his college peers keep in touch with each other.....