Old broomhall flats

Does anyone know what year the Domino shut? I understand it outlived the flats and struggled on until the late 90s?

I'm sure I remember Martin Weston from st Silas school. Little fir his age if I remember correctly,such a fast runner I remember him being lol. I lived on broomhall flats,egerton row(spelt wrong I think). Does anyone remember the Salvation Army that used to play? Heheee always used to run down to stand with them/get a little Jesus card.

---------- Post added 29-01-2017 at 12:24 ----------

I remember Broomhall flats. I lived there from 1969 to 1979 from the age of 2 to 12. To me it was a giant playground. While the structure wasn't much to be desired, in between each square block of flats was somewhere where your imagination could run wild. Like the big wooden climbing frame in the middle (was this supposed to be a map of the flats?). We had such adventures as kids. I went to St Silas school & know all the families mentioned Hills, Masses, Kemptons & many more. We were the first family to occupy our flat on High Monmouth. If anyone remembers me or my family our surname is Hancock. Most may remember my older brother nicknamed Hank. We were famous on the flats for our vicious black & white collie dog.
ahhh now I remember the hills,not so long ago was in contact with Mary. Don't remember your collie dog I don't think,but remember the dog Rex that got put down by the police.

---------- Post added 29-01-2017 at 12:25 ----------

Anyone remember the Alsatian dog Rex from broomhall flats?

Edited by RTBU

I lived on Broomhall flats in early 70's; 1 high Monmouth, we always said it was haunted. When I started work I had to go back and was told; when I mentioned where I used to live, that the previous tenant was found dead in there a few weeks after the event.
hi i also lived a 1 high monmouth around 1984 only for a short time i must admit but can tsay i felt any presence there having said that i had 4 young children maybe it did a runner when i moved in xxx

Hi purplecat. Just come across your post. I too lived on high Cavendish. 4th floor. It was my first home after getting married in 1969.

Good and bad memories. I was secretary of tenants association in 1970s. We held a "disco night" at Springfield school one night. The chairman brought his "radiogram" and the rest of the committee brought records. Nobody turned up. Happy days!!! Would I do it again? Probably.

I was born at Broomhall flats in 1972 and lived on the 4th floor,we moved to Pitsmoor in 1976. I don't have many memories of the place but i do remember the wooden fort/climbing frame in the middle and it had a smell of dried pee also remember the adventure playground. Good memories to be fair.

I had 2 Brothers Mark and Darren and 2 sisters Dawn and Tracey.