Alloy Wheel refurbishment/repairs recommendations. No advertising

Can anyone recommend a mobile alloy wheel repair company please.

Guest brownd95

Hi All.

Looking to get my 17" alloys refurbed gloss black. As with anyone looking to get this done I would like as perfect as possible job doing for as cheap as possible price.

I've had one bad experience where on a previous car they just slighly filled in the chips and sprayed with normal black paint + they only did the faces even though I specified I wanted the tyres removing and the complete wheels painting. I've been told the sand blast the old off/powder coat method is getting it done properly.

The wheels are not currently fitted to the car so I would be able to leave them with the company I will be using.

If anyone can recommend a decent place in Sheffield/Chesterfield/Nottingham or thereabouts please??

Also if you can give me rough prices of how much I would be looking at to get the job done.

Thanks in advance,

:-)

Hi All.

Looking to get my 17" alloys refurbed gloss black. As with anyone looking to get this done I would like as perfect as possible job doing for as cheap as possible price.

I've had one bad experience where on a previous car they just slighly filled in the chips and sprayed with normal black paint + they only did the faces even though I specified I wanted the tyres removing and the complete wheels painting. I've been told the sand blast the old off/powder coat method is getting it done properly.

The wheels are not currently fitted to the car so I would be able to leave them with the company I will be using.

If anyone can recommend a decent place in Sheffield/Chesterfield/Nottingham or thereabouts please??

Also if you can give me rough prices of how much I would be looking at to get the job done.

Thanks in advance,

:-)

Yes, if you are keeping the car it is well worth a good job. One of mine has started to peel off after 12 months. It looked fantastic when done and matched the others perfectly.

AP tyres of Rotherham. Do a great job and can do diamond cut wheels too. Had my diamond cut ones done there and was sound

I need a wheel repairing on my audi, ive kerbed it pretty bad.

Does anybody know and recommend anybody local?

one man used by all the dealerships and highly recommended

RS WHEELS his name is SUNNY top lad and very cheap also

Another vote for AP tyres here.

Had a set of old AMG Penta's done with them. Sandblasted, welding to one rim, 2 stage power coat, new centre caps and Badges. All for less than £400.

Look really good on my old TVR.

I'm looking for recommendations for alloy repairers in the area who can repair Diamond Cut wheels rather than normal alloys??

As above AP tyres Rotherham

You can also try Simon at info@wheelmasterinc.com , just had two diamond cut alloys repaired where I had curbed them, excellent job, good price and a mobile service, I hope not to do it again, but I would use them again without hesitation.

You can also try Simon at info@wheelmasterinc.com , just had two diamond cut alloys repaired where I had curbed them, excellent job, good price and a mobile service, I hope not to do it again, but I would use them again without hesitation.

How can you repair a diamond cut wheel? Its needs going on a lathe which I'm pretty sure he doesn't have in his van?

Ive tried to ring him and emailed several times but never replied.......

Edited by Ableton

The lathe is in the back of his van, he did mine at home, as I said he did a really good job as well.

Fair enough I'll give him a try

---------- Post added 24-01-2017 at 12:15 ----------

Ive tried to ring him and emailed several times but never replied.......

---------- Post added 30-01-2017 at 15:38 ----------

---------- Post added 30-01-2017 at 15:42 ----------

The lathe is in the back of his van, he did mine at home, as I said he did a really good job as well.

After speaking with him (eventually) as suspected he doesn't have a CNC machine in his van and cant do mobile diamond cut alloys

Edited by Ableton