Alloy Wheel refurbishment/repairs recommendations. No advertising

hi, can any body tell me wer JNC is and an average price on welding a crack,,, thanks

Hi, they're on cadman st s9 7zg can't tell you a price tho, they are reasonable. if you give em a ring ask for Chris.

I know a company who will powder coat wheels in any colour for £1.50 per inch diameter plus about a fiver to lacquer them. They can grind out dints and flatten gouges and lumps to a certain degree but cannot straighten them if kinked though.

Could you please inform which company this is ?

Following recomendation here, i went to JNC welding for a sump repair, and found them great to deal with, but they asked me to let the forum know that they have moved. They are now located at unit 10, Enterprise Park, Woodbourn Road, Sheffield S9 3JL. Their phone no. has also changed (i think) to 0114 243 5476. Judging by the amount of wheels stacked up around the place i suspect that a lot of the local refurb guys must use them to do their weld work.

Does anyone know of anywhere cheap locally? I've tried Hillsborough Autos but the number is not in use now.

Wheel Clinic down on Foley Street - 0114 2738216, they're not always cheapest but definitely do the best job!

I posted this nearly 4 years ago......:hihi::hihi:

Ive had them done now :)

I posted this nearly 4 years ago......:hihi::hihi:

Ive had them done now :)

Where did you go in the end? lol

The laquer is all going to pot on the alloys on my Ford Focus, so they look a bit scabby. Funnily enough I`ve seen the same thing on a few other Focus cars of the same age. I phoned P&W but the price was £50 plus vat per wheel. To be frank it`s only cosmetic so I`m not really inclined to pay that much, is £50 the going rate just to polish and relaquer a wheel ?

I had my golf done by metal magic,great job,

got my bmw x5 booked in next Thursday to have all four wheels totally refurbished

drop car off at 8.00 and pick back up at 5.00 same day

The laquer is all going to pot on the alloys on my Ford Focus, so they look a bit scabby. Funnily enough I`ve seen the same thing on a few other Focus cars of the same age. I phoned P&W but the price was £50 plus vat per wheel. To be frank it`s only cosmetic so I`m not really inclined to pay that much, is £50 the going rate just to polish and relaquer a wheel ?

You know there`s a bit of an irony here. This is the first car (first "normal" car that is ! ) I`ve had with alloys and I thought one of the best things about them would be I wouldn`t have to worry about wheel covers and stuff like that. The irony being, it seems, I need to spend £50+vat per wheel to get them up to scrtach. Decent looking wheel covers are only about £5, even genuine Ford ones were (if my memory serves me correctly) only about £10 each.

I`d rather have steel wheels !

50 quid per wheels isn't too bad, I doubt they'll be just removing the laquer - they'll have to blast them and then probably powdercoat.

If it includes removing and refitting tyres then it's not a bad price really.

You can get the prices down going to an industrial powdercoating place, but you need to sort the tyres and valves out yourself - which costs money and can be a pain to find somewhere.

50 quid per wheels isn't too bad, I doubt they'll be just removing the laquer - they'll have to blast them and then probably powdercoat.

If it includes removing and refitting tyres then it's not a bad price really.

You can get the prices down going to an industrial powdercoating place, but you need to sort the tyres and valves out yourself - which costs money and can be a pain to find somewhere.

My alloys really aren`t that bad, they just don`t look that good. Can`t I just get someone to polish them up then relacquer them with the tyres "in situ" ?