Sign in to follow this  

What's Ecclesfield like?

Oh gawd, now my M&D are thinking of moving too! Does anyone know what Ecclesfield is like (for the 60+ age bracket)

:P

I haven't lived in Sheffield that long but Ecclesfield seems OK to me. My Uncle lives there. There are some nice houses (in my opinion!). Don't really know what there is to do socially though. However, there is an Italian Restaurant on High Street called Cerrones where the food is excellent. (If they like Italian food?!). I should mention that I think it's non smoking throughout.

Ecclesfield is nice enough, the trouble is it is surrounded by council estates like Shiregreen and Parsons Cross, etc.

As an ex resident of Shiregreen I take exception to that. The bits nearest to Ecclesfield are a good mile walk away.

Ecclesfield is lovely.

monkjack nowt wrong with Shiregreen.......Ecclesfield is nice but watch out on friday nights at closing time then it gets a little rough

I have livd in Ecclesfield all of my life. I do mean Ecclesfield - the old village part. It's a nice place to be, although there have been many changes over the years, not all for the better. it has a fantastic history, although naturally some of the newcomers are not interested. Ecclesfield has more or less become a part of Sheffield now, but there are still some village activities/clubs left which are worth investigating. All in all, there's 'nowt' wrong wi t'place.

Ecco's alright. Plenty of pubs, a couple of greasy chippies, a library, a church, a park, a burnt down bandstand, Morisson's supermarket, half a million hairdressers shops, a snooker hall, some new houses, some very old houses and nice countryside up Whitley Lane. It was mentioned in the domesday Book details with the men being rowdy and the women of dubious disposition. They don't know nowt....Ecco's oKaY.