Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

I've been working on this. The best way to fry chips is with patience. Around 120-130C for around 15 minutes. When they are soft remove from the heat and increase the temperature to around 160-180 Drop the chips back in to brown off and crisp the outside.

Perfect chippy chips every time.

So the answer is.... My house

new chippy opening at greenhill roundabout on Monday,hope its okay as its had a re-furb that's took 5 months,hope it matchs the previous owner as they were great,any ideas of new owner,does he/she have other good chippys?

I've been working on this. The best way to fry chips is with patience. Around 120-130C for around 15 minutes. When they are soft remove from the heat and increase the temperature to around 160-180 Drop the chips back in to brown off and crisp the outside.

Perfect chippy chips every time.

So the answer is.... My house

You should never cook the chips that high temperature! You are prone to releasing Acrylamide from the potato!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrylamide

Anyone know when the new chippy opens up? Google has some times listed, but they're inaccurate and I don't think they have the times on the front.

hwnAHXG.jpg

Been to the new chippy in Greenhill today must say first impressions are good nice chips and a massive fish. I have been to all the chippys in this area and this is by far the best. If he keeps this standard up it will be a success

new chippy opening at greenhill roundabout on Monday,hope its okay as its had a re-furb that's took 5 months,hope it matchs the previous owner as they were great,any ideas of new owner,does he/she have other good chippys?

I drove past it today. its now called Mr & Mrs Cods. I find it remarkable that a couple with this name have decided to open a chip shop. What are the chances?

I drove past it today. its now called Mr & Mrs Cods. I find it remarkable that a couple with this name have decided to open a chip shop. What are the chances?

sounds fishy to me :hihi:

Been to the new chippy in Greenhill today must say first impressions are good nice chips and a massive fish. I have been to all the chippys in this area and this is by far the best. If he keeps this standard up it will be a success

Went this evening to give them a try. Looks like its run by an Indian family which you don't see much of in Sheffield, though the one just up from Hillsborough crossroads is as well.

Had their mini fish special - fish, chips & peas. Mini fish was quite large and plenty big enough. I can only guess their standard size fish must be very big. But overall I wasn't very impressed. As with most chip shops their chips were too pale in colour as if appearing undercooked, even though they weren't.

I would not think so.

I have that too.. It's nicer than it sounds!

Codswallop.

I really doubt it. I'd have to be going in that direction for a reason. I will try it sometime though and remember reading about it on here before. And yes the owner Tim came over very well on here. If I was heading that way out I'd have to do a taste-test versus Dawson's of Worksop I imagine? They are the ones with a strong reputation out that way.

The only chip shop I go out of my way to visit is Margaret's just off Whit Moor near Chesterfield.

Dawson’s are decent I agree I’ve not heard of Margrarets at whit moor! Have you tried seafare on Attercliffe Rd across from Indus India! This will also take some beating for quality and price

---------- Post added 11-04-2018 at 20:20 ----------

We came third in the chip shop of the year competition on the traxfm radio station. I was chuffed to be nominated never mind coming 3rd! We were up against some big city centre chippys.

Well done Tim you deserve it I call feel another drive over to your Chippy

Very soon

Dawson’s are decent I agree I’ve not heard of Margrarets at whit moor! Have you tried seafare on Attercliffe Rd across from Indus India! This will also take some beating for quality and price

---------- Post added 11-04-2018 at 20:20 ----------

Well done Tim you deserve it I call feel another drive over to your Chippy

Very soon

Margarets on Whit Moor (just off on a side raid actually) still wrapped them in newspaper up to a few years ago, good but I still prefer Dawsons.

Margarets on Whit Moor (just off on a side raid actually) still wrapped them in newspaper up to a few years ago, good but I still prefer Dawsons.

I go that way regularly will find it and try it