Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

Mannings chippy in Woodhouse West End vey good.

Two different chippies. West End chippy is excellent. Mannings have gone downhill !!

I have used Darnall Fisheries for years always been happy I travel over six miles to get my Fish & Chips there.

got to agree with you, if i am out and about i will travel further to go here, the queues at lunchtime especially fridays speak for themselves.

The best is without a doubt 'ferrie's' fish'n'chip shop on the motherwell road-in a place in Scotland called Bellshill (of the M74-no one will ever beat it.

But wouldn't they be cold when got them home? :D

the chip shop outside town in city centrte oppisite co op does the best fish n chips mmmm scrumpious

If anyone is ever near mine I will chuck you a free bag of chips. Just ask for me (Tim) see how I square up with the others. I have owned it for 27 years so must be getting better lol

If anyone is ever near mine I will chuck you a free bag of chips. Just ask for me (Tim) see how I square up with the others. I have owned it for 27 years so must be getting better lol

Its name and location might help :)

Its name and location might help :)

I did nit want to get in trouble for advertising lol

Tried that. There are two chippies listed in Whitwell.

Can a chip shop that doubles as a kebab shop ever be considered amongst the best? my opinion is that they can't but someone might think wish to suggest otherwise!

Based on a recommendation on here I tried the Seafayre on Charles street. It wasn't bad, but nothing special Tbh. The chips were pale and a bit soggy. The fish was decent but the batter wasn't crispy. The flavour was good.

Not a patch on Bill Green's eccentric Harlequin on Howard Street. But that is long since gone of course.

Its fashionable these days to serve large Y-shaped haddock in pale yellow soft batter and pale chips in copious amounts. I am of the old school and think fish should have dark golden crunchy batter with thick white flakes of cod, and chips should be brown, not white. And enough for one person, not three.

If you can relate to that then the only places I know remotely near Sheffield are Tony's at Mosborough and Margarets at Whittington Moor, near Chesterfield. 2 traditional chip shops serving fish n chips like they used to be.

The one in Dore village isn't bad btw, but not a patch on the ones I mention.

As a Blades fan, I am disappointed that "A Salt n Battered" on London road changed ownership this season. They were also very good. The quality of the chips there is still decent, to be fair, but they have cut right back on portion sizes, especially the fish, and it is nowhere near what it was.