Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

the name of the one on london rd makes me laugh...asalt and batterd.......

Becketts was fantastic...so much better than school dinners. Mr Becketts daughter Isobel was in my year at school. The chippy on the bottom of manor lane used to be good as well (city road end, near the church) but it changed hands recently and I havent been there since, so dont know if its still as good.

"Aparantly the chip shop on London Road does good chips, but it never seems to be open."

haha yeh, every time i walked past when i didnt want food, it was open, and then when i purposefully went, it was shut! I lived on abbeydale road last year, and didnt get food from there a single time, cos it was never open!

broomhill friery - have been there once and thought it was very good. have also been to the one opposite hallam once, again, very good.

i'm sort of new to fish and chips, never used to eat them reguarly until moving up to sheffield. best fish and chips i have had have to be from withernsea in humberside where my parents in law live. oh and toffs in muswell hill, london, before it changed hands - was excellent.

are there any good ones on or near ecclesall road/banner cross?

ecclesall road has a chippy on the corner of eccy road/rustlings road junction. Its not bad, as a student i'd say a decent percentage of my meals have been from there.

I've been looking for another one though just as something to compare it with around the hunters bar area. Anyone know anything?

"Mr Becketts daughter Isobel was in my year at school."

Then you must be in the same year as me!!!!!

There will be a new chippy opening on chaucer road parson cross soon or it might be open now.Also there is one on tapling road hillsborough which is good and cheap.

The Taplin road one is very good at lunchtime! Chaucer shops are full of takeaway options - does no one own a cooker in S5?

chippy i always remberd was the sampan chinese at page hall nice chips but you had to eat the chips quick or the lard would form on your plate lol:D

The devonshire chippy is a ****-head's delight.. serving up a beautiful mixture of chips, beans, battered sausage and melted cheese for £2.10.. **dribbles**

Cheese, beans and chips is a genuis idea, why don't all chippies have it on the menu!?

It's all about the "Hartley Brook Fisheries" best chippy ever! only open at dinner and then closes and re-opens for tea time but closes at 6. But really really nice! It's in shiregreen if anyone wants to check out our delacasy.

my personal opinion is that the old chippy that was on alexander road in swallownest was the best. Chips werent too thick, they were just greasy enough (!) and were a treat with gravy!!! Also, once when i was feeling adventurous, they battered and fried a mars bar, and a banana!!!

Now, ive grown up.

i think the abourthorne fish bar is nice i go down there for my dinner when im at school