Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

Round this neck of the woods the two best are;

Batter Sea Cods Home - Howard Road, Walkley - fish always fresh and generous portions - plus a kids menu. Well worth a detour of several miles, especially round tea time.

Also, down at the bottom of Netherthorpe - can't remember it's new name - but an excellent chippie and one of the few that does scallops (a slice of potato in batter). Best at dinner time.

Good to see that Sheffield still has plenty of good chippies.

All time best ones for me (when I was a lad in the late 60's early 70's).

Ma Ibberson's at the bottom of Carr Road, Deepcar.

The Harlequin on Howard Street.

Walkers opposite the Broadfield on Abbeydale Road.

never go to the manor top chippie on city road. the chips taste like they've been boiled! and you get a ****ty portion for too much money... my advice is walk down to alberts!! but the best is ... baracuda!

Originally posted by milnesy

never go to the manor top chippie on city road. the chips taste like they've been boiled! and you get a ****ty portion for too much money... my advice is walk down to alberts!! but the best is ... baracuda!

I used to think it was a decent chippy about 18 years ago. Where is Alberts?

ps - I've merged your post in with an existing thread on the same subject.

Originally posted by Guest

Best chippie for miles around used to be "Queenies" at Hartley brook,Shiregreen. people used to travel miles for their Fish.

Not sure if its still there as I now live in Norfolk, where the Fishcakes are small and rissole like"yukk". :(

Long gone I'm afraid..... I remeber Queenies... :)

Bit old this thread now but hey ho...

Best chippy in sheffield has to be the original, and Ainsley Harriot's favourite chippy, the Broomhill Friery. Despite the fact that there are now FOUR fast food places within about a 25 yard area of broomhill, that is the one that always has the queues. Really cheap too!

I use the one next to the Tesco's on Herries Road - pretty good

I used to like the one at Firth Park (Cypriots on Bellhouse Road) ut its gone really down hill.

The one opposite the Sicey used to be good buts its been a long time. Likewise Sheldons on Margetson's shops..

Originally posted by Internetowl

I use the one next to the Tesco's on Herries Road - pretty good

I used to like the one at Firth Park (Cypriots on Bellhouse Road) ut its gone really down hill.

The one opposite the Sicey used to be good buts its been a long time. Likewise Sheldons on Margetson's shops..

I think the one on Herries road has gone downhill. Used to be better years ago.

Originally posted by Guest

Best chippie for miles around used to be "Queenies" at Hartley brook,Shiregreen. people used to travel miles for their Fish.

Aah Queenies :) When I was but a wee nipper we used to stop off on a Friday night and get the full works with scraps thrown in. Used to drive me mad waiting in the queue smelling all that good food:D

When visit Sheffield now occasionally take a walk up Grange Lane from Shiregreen upto Thorpe Hesley and go to the chippy on the junction - can't remember it's name and I know it's not in Sheffield as such but after a walk up the hill they taste great and lovely views down towards Ecclesfield and Shiregreen (and the M1!)

I can be a bit partial to a chip butty from the Broomhill friary. Very nice chips, not at all greesy!!!

P.S - Watch out you dont go across the road to Northern Sole fish'n'chips as everyone I know who has eaten there has later been ill.

8) Nah Den Ace........

Gotta be either Harlequin or Barracuda.

One's up Woodhouse are garbage..........some people swear by Mannings chippy..........

..........they say these bloody chips are **@?*!!!! :D

Regards,

Spacehopper.

Chips ? In Lard ? WTH ?

in vegetable oil, so you don't get saturated fat for a stat, and having my chips fried in pigs fat...

My favorite chippie is Abbey Friar on Totley Rise or TGIF on Shoreham St.

Regards,

Greg