Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

We love the one at Hillsborough corner near the crossing, fish is nice too, nom nom :)

Riverside Chip Shop? That is a really nice chippy.

brendas at back of moor very good priced and tasty and woodseats fish and chip shop

Manor Top chipshop under new owners. We had fish & chips for 4 lasr night. All batter, little fish, tiny chips. ..won't go there again!

Just had the best fish and chips ever from Crosspool chippie.

Really? have always been very disappointed with them from there...

Frankly I am always disappointed by F&C in Sheffield - the thought of it always get my mouth watering but the actuality usually falls well below expectations so I don't bother any more.

The best fried fish to be had in Sheffield is usually to be found in in a decent curry restaurant....light and crispy with a hint of spice. Lovely.

the worst fish and chips, in city center, opposite co-op shop.Chips dark and stinky, fish disgusting, staff very rude...

Best: Dixon's (Greenhill)

Crikey, that still there?

We used to sneak out of Greenhill school at lunchtime, get chips and watch the blacksmith opposite at the top of Annesley road.

I'm talking just over 50 years ago!!!!!!!!!

I liked the one at Hillsborough corner. It's quite new. The fish was very lovely.....

I've paid £10 before for fish & chips (at Rick Stein's place in Padstow).... :o:wow:

yes I agree with you about the one at Hillsborough. I think mini fish and chips is about £2.50. The fish is always lovely, and not a bad size for the money.

Is there a new chip shop on stannington road near high rise fiats?

Brenda's, Seafayre (Charles St, run by people who had Castle Market Chippy) or Derbyshire lane Fisheries are my top chippies here.

However, for the best I have had in South Yorks, go to Golden Cod on Bennett Road (?) near Doncaster Royal Infirmary. Amazing!

The one in Bakewell is about the worst I have ever had. Uncooked greasy rubbish! Nearly as bad as the Admiral chippy's

Totally agree,last time we went there were two chippies all but side by side.We tried both,both were disgusting.

Paid a tenner at 'Frydays' in Leeds. Quite nice fish but 20 quid for two portions is a bit steep.

---------- Post added 22-12-2014 at 14:24 ----------

yes I agree with you about the one at Hillsborough. I think mini fish and chips is about £2.50. The fish is always lovely, and not a bad size for the money.

Used to be a place on Sharrowvale road, 2.50 for mini fish and chips. Cracking supper it was too.