Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

is this the same place i think? green wood type shack, crap greacy portions. over priced. and the owner has Red Mr2 T bar thats a bit rusty :)

i wont mention how daft the counter staff are :)

Think you mean the one in the Village higher up. Or the one higher up Stubbin.

This ones a propper shop building in the main shopping centre.

Also Phil at the Palace Cafe does home made fish and chips on a friday and they are superb.

Just wanted to put a post on bigging up the Chip Shop in the centre of Stocksbridge. Historically it has not been too good but the new owner has really improved it.

All food is cooked fresh to order so you may have to wait 5 mins but it is worth it. Beautiful cod and home made fish cakes are to die for.

Give it a go - I am not on commision although a free fish supper on a Friday tea will be greatfully received !!

Used to be known as the greasy greeks and they were the worst fish and chips ever my, favorite is top of victoria rd.

I agree tho George, Danny and all the staff are great at the chippy! We need to use local shops more! There is nothing better than finishing a day and having someone cook it fresh for you.

Thanks Tara, Bit different now at the Cafe hey! :) x

Phill @ Palace Cafe :)

Glad ive seen this, was driving past there today and wondered if they were any good, will keep this in mind :)

Love the fish and chip shop at the top of victoria road...however would not move back to stocksbridge and will be glad when all my family has moved out of stocksbridge. Shame its not as good as when i was younger.

I'm a fan of the pizzas in Little Italy for my norishment when I'm over that way :D

Can I know where can I get the best fish and chips with good value of money near Sheffield town center??

Many thanks!!!

Try Betty's fish and chips on Fitzwilliam St opposite Revolution.

I have heard good things about the new Whitbys restaurant/take away at Catcliffe but from experience, Mannings at Woodhouse has got to be my favourite...

When we where younger a load of us got in our cars all put too for petrol and went to skegvagas for fish and chips had an hour in amusments and drove back :P

We did similar one day early in December.

It snowed.

I've often been tempted to do the Cleethorpes run (as it's almost all motorway, it's pretty cheap - petrol wise - to get there).

worst is trawllers catch on castle gate, been twice once fishcake was cold and slimy stupidly went in again about a week before xmas and sausage was raw inside even though waited to cook fresh battered one, she didnt even apologise and i had to ask for some fresh chips as she expected me to eat the old ones cold by the time another sausage was properly cooked for me.

should've kicked off but just couldn't be arsed.