Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

Originally posted by "stephstellar"

Spring roll and chips from Broomhill Friery - mmmmm....

Spring Rolls from a English Chippie? :evil:

Originally posted by "Lickszz"

[spring Rolls from a English Chippie? :evil:

Not your authentic Chinese pancake roll, I'll admit - more a sort of crispy deep-fried thing filled with gloopy, unidentifiable, but somehow strangely satisfying, well, stuff...

Originally posted by AJCrowley

i've popped into darnall fisheries a few times on a friday night, lovely stuff...

I went again last week as I was passing. Was excellent again.

The best chippie of all I have tried are Bolehill on Crookes which was always excellent, proper white fish and good sized portions. Next best would be becketts on manor top doesn't seem to have changed much (their chips always stick together) for some reason.

Overall best would have to be bolehill at the bottom of bolehill road crookes.

Don't live in that neck of the woods now but would travel just for chippie.

Also excellent chinese on school road, crookes (new hing wah) travel every saturday (when not going out) for takeway from meadowhall end of town, Well worth the 30 minute journey

Originally posted by JonHarrison

Best by far (the acid test is after you've eaten them - did they live up to your taste expectations?) are at the Chip Shop bang opposite the PunchBowl pub at Crookes. Cheap, massive white fish and tasty well cooked chips. Good batter and he never disappoints.

That's my mum and dad's favourite place too. Dad has promised us his "bohemian supper" when we visit in October. I can't wait!!!

It consists of fish, chips, mushy peas, white sliced bread and butter, and a cheap bottle of white plonk from Aldi. Wow what a meal! Plus the candle on the table-we'll be really pushing the boat out that night. (LOL, yeh right dad)

Dad has been going to crookes chippy for years and he knows the people who work in there. they always say "Usual Brian?" Like he's ordering a pint at his local. She puts a special piece in just for him. Hmmm????

one of the best chippies around,in my opinion is my local, the devonshire chippie of division st,there chips are very nice and you get big portions to,cheap aswell,and there chicken kebab butties with garlic mayo are absolutly fantastic!

beckets on manor top is very good to,though everytime i seem to go there its always very busy!

craig

I used to go to the Harlequin next to hallam uni, it was lovely. Sadly I read that the owners have or are retiring.

Newfield Green Chippy at Gleadless is THE best by far. Cooked in dripping, they are so moorish.

Can't say owt about the breadcakes though, never had em!

Richmond Fisheries!!

End of Story! :P

[RPG- welcome to the forum, but pleeease dont use CAPS and large fonts ;)]

Grenoside chippy (Main Street) is the one for me. Trouble is, its only open about 2 nights a week. Anyway, the chips n fish are delicious and excellently consistent.

garden village chippy,has big portions,great value too:D

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Newfield Green Chippy at Gleadless is THE best by far. Cooked in dripping, they are so moorish.

Can't say owt about the breadcakes though, never had em!

Where exactly is this chippie? Is it townend? which road is it on?