Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

robin hood gets my vote too.

do they still use beef dripping to cook the chips in?

there a few I rate but here are 2 = woodseats fisheries (obvioulsy at woodseats S8)very nice and cheap. Frydays at Dore little more expensive but very nice. The best ones though are in cleethorpes. Not on your door step but worth the drive.

brenda's opposite the pier best in cleethorpes and proper fish cakes.

The Marishell at Ecclesfield in the best. :) Todays catch at Wadsley Bridge used to be good but has gone downhill...... :(

When we where younger a load of us got in our cars all put too for petrol and went to skegvagas for fish and chips had an hour in amusments and drove back :P

Skegvegas fair enough decent walk round quite a sizeable resort, but not cleethorpes to small with nothing to do

robin hood gets my vote too.

do they still use beef dripping to cook the chips in?

Yes they still use beef dripping thats what sets them apart from all the others

i like the poseidon chippy on the road off the bend at the top of woodseats (abbey lane/chesterfield road?)

I agree with this .

Worse is the The Abbey Friar on Baslow Road , you need a small loan for a small fish :suspect:

worst is taylors chip shop in woodhouse,used to be mannings as they have gone downhill fast but taylors have got to be worse now

hi just wondering were can i find the best chippy in sheffield just wondering what u would suggest and what is the worst

No one will have used every single shop so no one can judge which is best or worst.

Antonio Pedant

Sheffield

UK

The best i ever went to was right in the middle of pitsmoor just down from the rock in a little white cottage, dunno if its still open but it only used to open on a friday tha knows

Closed a few years back I'm afraid

Nice chippy on holme lane across from tramways, think the owners are turkish.

Riverside at hillsboroughs nice, just a tad greasy.

Bolehill fisheries is nice aswell.

Best chippies ive encountered so far is New Cod on the block which is in commonside near Walkley, 5 star fish bar in Crookes and Broomheads which opens randomly at the Grindstone end of Crookes.

got to be the poseidon on abbey lane, always a queue as most of the stuff you have to order when you go in so its cooked fresh, can be a pain waiting around but well worth it, worse chippy? the one on derbyshire lane, usually teatime is the leftovers from dinnertime although not sure if it opens now as the school kids are not allowed out of newfield at dinner now