Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

Brenda's just off the Moor (Earl Way, behind Plug). Only open daytimes but god they're lovely! Good enough to be from Leeds.

I agree.....and the good news is....

It re-opened as Codrophenia in Walkley!!!! Ian is still there having a good chat with everyone and still making the best fish and chips. They really do taste so much better than other places, plus vege options too.

Long live Codrophenia!!!!

hes back at new cod on the block at commonside delish

go and try fish cakes and chicken curry at new kid on the block at commonside if you loved ian from battersea cods home hes back and just as good

Wolseley Road, just off London Road, the best chippy, and cheap

Marishells at eccelsfield (down side is there is nowt ever ready)

had fish and chips from the one on the bridge at hillsborough corner recently and they were absolutely perfect , the best I've had in a long time

I think you tens to find that most peopl's favourite chippy is the one usually closest to them.

When I lived on Eccy road I used to switch between Jimmy's Plaice just by endcliffe park and two steps.

Now I'm in Bradway and after trying a few, must say Woodseats is by far the best. Chips always beautifully cooked and portions are massive. One chips between three of us normally.

Cheers, C

admirals are the best fish and chips iv tried

only ever had the 1 portion then i take it?

Near Commonside, or "in the (Spring) Vale" - just had my first plateful from "New Cod on the Block" and belive me, it was a plateful!

The fish was like a whale, the batter scrumptious. My daughter's recommendation - the owner used to have a good reputation when at his former Broomhill shop.

Tony's at Mosborough is the best I have ever had - I don't like the Admiral because they leave the skin on the fish...ewwwww