Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

ignore the previous 2 posts, that is in fact the worst fish and chip shop in south yorkshire.

Brenda's on Earl Way in the town centre is my number one choice. Lovely, and I'm from West Yorkshire, where standards are high. ;)

Woodseats Fisheries at Woodseats is my second choice.

Poseidon at Meadowhead (Abbey lane) is good too but not as good as Woodseats.

ignore the previous 2 posts, that is in fact the worst fish and chip shop in south yorkshire.

If you mean the one on the corner opposite Subway - agreed!

The smell is awful too if you pass the back of the shop. :gag:

If you mean the one on the corner opposite Subway - agreed!

The smell is awful too if you pass the back of the shop. :gag:

i do. i had the misfortune of living within a few yards too :gag:

Woodseats Fisheries. If you want pub fish and chips The Bradway hotel - friday nights

;5202847']NOPE!!!!!! The BEST One Is At DEVONSHIRE GREEN In The Town Centre. There Chips Are Just Amazing! Its Near Sheffield Forum Too! So Have A Look.

Worst Fish and Chip shop I have ever eaten from. The ONLY time I have ever thrown F&C away. The fish tasted of nothing but water, the batter was soggy as were the chips. Truly horrific

Sarah's Plaice on Shiregreen Lane, Wincobank has got some rave reviews since opening.

Been today & wont bother going back. Missed part of the order, Didnt put beans in a carton so got home & beans soaked thru paper & finished over the floor. Had a drink so cant drive back there.

Admirals are always good but look for the old ones there always better

why do people buy beans from the fish and chip shop? spend 30p on a tin yourself and warm them up in a few minutes.

Why buy chips from there??? you can cook em at home???? Bought em cos son wanted em ....

Edited by pressy

Why buy chips from there??? you can cook em at home???? Bought em cos son wanted em ....

because most families don't have the facility to replicate the type of chips that can be produced in a chip shop. whereas the beans are identical/worse.