Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

Well no one has mentioned Broomheads at Crookes, they are really nice, one of the few that don't do kebabs etc.

If you are out on the East Coast, its worth a trip to Sutton on Sea and try Waldo's, they are brilliant, but only get one portion for two, they are huge.

robin hood on attercliffe rd near to hitchens very tasty.im salivating sat here.sierramans right about bakewell chippy what a load of crap.

Poesidan is good on Abbey Lane or Baracuda on City Road

Baracuda has got worse since the greek couple left. The prices have increased as well

Has to be Hartley brook chippy

The one in Bakewell is about the worst I have ever had. Uncooked greasy rubbish! Nearly as bad as the Admiral chippy's

Just goes to show it's down to personal taste ! Live near the one at Stoney but travel to Bakewell instead :D

Went to Stan's (nr top of Woodhouse Road, Intake) 20 to 30 years ago.

Was the best around for quality and portions in that area then.

Is it still there? Are they still good?

In my opinion the worst chip shop is the one at Dore on Townhead Road! Good value though, I could taste the fish for three days after I'd eaten it!

I've always liked Wendy's at Netherthorpe - haven't been in for a couple of weeks but the last time I went fish 'n chips was under £3.50.

Asalt and battered are good for chips on London Road.

i always like devonshire green chippy

well tasty ^_^

and not pricey

x

Only if you are pished surely !!!

Big Jim's @ Fitzalan square tram stop - they do nice chips there. Also the first time I went they gave me large fish for the price of regular fish (as they couldnt be arsed going to get the proper sized fish !). Think also they thought I'd give people a glowing report of the place. Sadly, they kept asking if I was being served even though no-one else had been in, and followed me out the shop asking if I'd paid - their product is great, they just need to remember who has been in the shop :) Oh and the babe behind the till is rather nice :love:

If you are out on the East Coast, its worth a trip to Sutton on Sea and try Waldo's, they are brilliant, but only get one portion for two, they are huge.

If you can stand the rude, arrogant woman, who I presume is one of the owners, and don't mind paying 50p on top, for the privilege of having it served to you in a box. I don't think they're anything special.