Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

One that tops all them is Dawsons in Worksop - superb.

I make regular trips over to the chip inn in whitwell brilliant chippy rest assured!

Tim the owner was telling me it’s been in his family for 25 years on the 25th November! He’s a good friendly bloke too

I make regular trips over to the chip inn in whitwell brilliant chippy rest assured!

Tim the owner was telling me it’s been in his family for 25 years on the 25th November! He’s a good friendly bloke too

It’s 30 years on the 25th November lol

No disrespect to Tim but give Dawsons a try next time your over, if you ring in advance you can eat in next door to the shop - exceptional fish and chips.

No disrespect to Tim but give Dawsons a try next time your over, if you ring in advance you can eat in next door to the shop - exceptional fish and chips.

Yes top I’ve also been to Dawson’s many time over the year and yes they are good ! But the chip inn remains my favourite.

What used to be becketts on the manor top ! Still use the same fat too cook with as they did when I was kid ? !! And luckily not Greek owned now and using Hahal fat !

Wheatleys is a great chippy on the junction of Warley Rd/Manor Lane close to the junction with City Rd.

What used to be becketts on the manor top ! Still use the same fat too cook with as they did when I was kid ? !! And luckily not Greek owned now and using Hahal fat !

What they use the fat ever since you was a kid,surely it's ready for changing.:D

chippy outside asda in chapeltown is back to its best. no kebabs just proper fish and chips

I think "A Salt N Battered" on London Road is very good.

The "Union Jack" in Dore village is also good.

"Tony's" at Mosborough used to be very good but not been for years.

And the best I know, remotely near here, is Margaret's on Duke Street, just off Whittington Moor in Chesterfield. Traditional fish n chips, like they used to be 40 years ago.

Further afield, "Bryan's of Headingley" and "The Magpie" in Whitby.

Tried the Magpie when we were up there a couple of years back, worst fish and chips i had ever had, undercooked chips, frozen and not fresh fish and worst was we had to queue for 45 mins, all 5 of us ended up not finishing eating and threw it away...

Magpie in Whitby is truly awful, and living off a previous reputation. Whitby has about a dozen chip shops and I've tried most of them. Only a couple are worth using.

Tried the Magpie when we were up there a couple of years back, worst fish and chips i had ever had, undercooked chips, frozen and not fresh fish and worst was we had to queue for 45 mins, all 5 of us ended up not finishing eating and threw it away...

Try Trenchers next time, never been disappointed.