Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

Do you know where Whitwell is? Print this thread out and we will give you free Chips for every fish you buy. Only for sf readers ol

So everyone is off to Whitwell for a fish party,are they!

So everyone is off to Whitwell for a fish party,are they!

It's the plaice to be lol

It's the plaice to be lol

I should retract the free chips offer m8 or else me and the gang will be down for em

Do you know where Whitwell is? Print this thread out and we will give you free Chips for every fish you buy. Only for sf readers ol

Hi I have recently moved to Clowne, And would highly recommend the fish and chips from Whitwell. Also I have visited the east coast a couple of times recently for fish and chips, But they haven't been as good as Whitwell

Been twice to Kings Fishereis, Baslow Road, veery good.

robs at greenhill top class ,low cost fish/chips,quality at its best

Gave it a try a few weeks ago, wasn't impressed at all. Chips were dark, soggy and looked as though they had been there for hours, fishcake was greasy, shop seemed as though it wanted a deep clean. Shan't be returning.

Ocean Fish Bar - Chesterfield Road - opposite Lidl - consistently good quality chips, large cod is cooked fresh to order and is a WHOPPER! and gorgeous - lovely batter.

The staff are brilliant. They really look after customers.

I don't often recommend places, but they really do deserve the custom. Open Sunday too, which is a rarity.

Oh my goodness everybody's local chippy is the best in the whole wide world so I'd say Tony's in mosborough is the best but if I lived in ecclesfield there's no way I'd travel,that far

Favourite chippy used to be the one on Manor Lane near the cemetery (about 20 years ago), was always a treat to go there.

Since then, Darnall Fisheries has more often than not been nice, particularly the fishcakes - though on a bad day there they can be pretty dire.

Tried Rob's at Greenhill again earlier tonight, everything always looks overcooked, but the fishcake wasn't bad at all.

But for the last few years, our favourite is Whitby's off the Parkway, consistently good quality (to us at least), seems a little dearer than others though - but usually worth it...