Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

Westend chippy at woodhouse was very good went round last week and it's permanently closed all his signs have been taken down.

Called at the Swallownest Fish Bar tonight for the first time. Excellent fish, really fresh and white.

Southey Green roundabout near where Magnet Pub used to be situated top notch

Once every week we loved sampling fish and chips at Tonys at Mosborough,in my opinion they were the best in Sheffield!.I,m sorry to say since Tony retired the quality has slowly declined somewhat,the last time I purchased them the chips were greasy the fish batter was soggy not appetising at all!.I have tried the Admiral on the main drag but although they seemed ok on eating them next morning every time we had upset stomachs,so its looking like a wider search for our fish and chip fix in the future!.:gag::help:

Once every week we loved sampling fish and chips at Tonys at Mosborough,in my opinion they were the best in Sheffield!.I,m sorry to say since Tony retired the quality has slowly declined somewhat,the last time I purchased them the chips were greasy the fish batter was soggy not appetising at all!.I have tried the Admiral on the main drag but although they seemed ok on eating them next morning every time we had upset stomachs,so its looking like a wider search for our fish and chip fix in the future!.:gag::help:

In my opinion Tony's at Mosborough use to be the best fish and chips in the city, but like has been said, sadly, they are just greasy rubbish these days, the Yorkshire Fishcakes are soggy and fatty, the chips dark brown and dripping in grease. The last lot we had from there went in the bin.

As for the Admiral on High Street, that's even worse than Tony's, the Greeks quite simply are rubbish at cooking fish and chips.

In my opinion Tony's at Mosborough use to be the best fish and chips in the city, but like has been said, sadly, they are just greasy rubbish these days, the Yorkshire Fishcakes are soggy and fatty, the chips dark brown and dripping in grease. The last lot we had from there went in the bin.

As for the Admiral on High Street, that's even worse than Tony's, the Greeks quite simply are rubbish at cooking fish and chips.

Do you know where Whitwell is? Print this thread out and we will give you free Chips for every fish you buy. Only for sf readers ol

Do you know where Whitwell is? Print this thread out and we will give you free Chips for every fish you buy. Only for sf readers ol

I drove through Whitwell the other day Tim and didn't see your shop.

I drove through Whitwell the other day Tim and didn't see your shop.

Do you remember seeing to old, closed down Co-op and boarded up paper shop? We are next to the solicitors office and builders merchant. It's just off the main road through the village called Hangar hill. You can't miss us as we have a Pukka pies A board chained up to the pelican crossing lol

get the best fish and chips and see the giant joe scarborough painting, avoid Saturdays its packed,and you will think you have had seaside fish and chips and you wont want much tea after ...............................................FANTASTIC

---------- Post added 05-02-2016 at 08:59 ----------

Why of course frymaster see the web site

Do you remember seeing to old, closed down Co-op and boarded up paper shop? We are next to the solicitors office and builders merchant. It's just off the main road through the village called Hangar hill. You can't miss us as we have a Pukka pies A board chained up to the pelican crossing lol

I'll have a look next time I drive through mate, I usually pass on my way to Welbeck.

Frymaster Attercliffe, just like being at the seaside, very clean and the girls waitressing are great. Sad to hear Tony's isn't very good anymore, that was probably the best one in the country, I used to go there as a kid and I'm in my mid 40's now.

Living in Rotherham we don't hardly have any quality places to eat, although Seven seas in Wickersley are now very good, it was lovely when it was XL fisheries for many years but then a new owner took over and it was rubbish, now someone else has bought it, spent a fortune and opened a restaurant, we've not tried the restaurant yet as there was a delay on that opening, although the takeaway has been open a while.

Edited by hezzie