Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

:banana:I remember fish and chips being so cheap, like £2-£3 with a lovely chunky cod. Now though its over a fiver for cod and chips, and if you're buying for a few, your buggered:shakes:

Just wondered what peoples opinions are on the best chippy around the arbourthorne (reasonable size fish, chip portions etc)

Regards.

You should try the Chuckwagon in Erinvale it is literally the nicest chip shop EVER with the best curry sauce!

:|:D Union Jack in Dore is still the best chippy by far!:D:)

admiral at birley isnt the best

Hurry back home Clair in Grenoside, the chips are getting worse by the week, dried up scraps that your fork is unable to stab through.

Twice they have finished up in the bin.

The Best Chippy On My Personal Experience Is Not In Sheffield It Is In Rotherham Davian's Fish And Chips Are The Best Its Near

Davian's Fish Bar

7 Google reviews

Fish and Chips Takeaway

Address: 211 Middle Lane, Rotherham, South Yorkshire S65 2TH

Phone:01709 360744

---------- Post added 24-02-2015 at 17:20 ----------

Not In Sheffield But By Far Is Better Than Any In Sheffield

Davian's Fish Bar

Fish and Chips Takeaway

Address: 211 Middle Lane, Rotherham, South Yorkshire S65 2TH

Phone:01709 360744

Crikey, that still there?

We used to sneak out of Greenhill school at lunchtime, get chips and watch the blacksmith opposite at the top of Annesley road.

I'm talking just over 50 years ago!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure it's called Dixons nowadays. Anyway, we used to gather outside there after the Greenhill Methodist youth club finished at 9pm on Thursdays, much to the annoyance of the owners of the grocery shop next door. I too am talking 50 years ago! To be honest, I never rated Dixon's fish & chips. Best fish & chips I ever tasted were from Colley's at Bridlington, but they're long gone.

Edited by fatrajah

There is an excellent chippy which has been there for years in Mosborough village, Tony's, not to be confused with the admiral on the main road.

Owner has retired now his son-in-law runs it now, equally well I might add.

When you go there you should expect there to be a queue and I have never been the only customer in the shop. Which is always a good sign.

The best chippies (matter of personal taste I'm sure) use dripping rather than veggie oil. Though dead white groundnut oil can be a reasonable substitute.

Years ago one of the best in sheffield was in Darnal ..Lomas's I think it was called and it did not open in the evenings.

Edited by Tommo68

Admiral in Crookes. Never get a large chips... the small ones are still massive!!

Is there any good ones in the city centre? I haven't found anything close to the ones since moving to uni from home, but then again it is whitby.