Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

3 hours ago, markfor said:

Went to New Cod on Block Commonside

Didn't have cash so she trusted me to bring money later! Impressive

Buy now pay later - sounds good to me.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyone remember the White House at Pitsmoor - used to be the best fish and chips in Sheff them and Dixons on London Rd.

Best fish and chips we've had were in a little village near Burton Constable and at Prestwick (2 fillets none of that single piece of fish rubbish in Scotland) best battered Haggis Brampton (Nr Carlisle) (Hadrians wall).

Keep safe

Eat well.

On 11/09/2020 at 14:22, Jaysmum said:

Devonshire arms pub :) 

Which one?

This little gem just off Sheffield Road at Whittington Moor,  (just after the big roundabout with James's Cycles)  is technically not in Sheffield of course - but as many of us may travel up and down that A61 between here and Chesterfield I thought it worth pointing out.  

http://www.margarets-chippy.co.uk/index.html

Only open at lunchtimes, Wednesday through Saturday.  Downside:  Big queues - can take half an hour to get served!  Upside:  Delicious fish and chips done the traditional way and not expensive.

Edited by DerbyTup

I recently had fish and chips from a new chippie called Poseidon, at corner of Hunters Bar roundabout and I must say the chips were very good indeed. I would definitely recommend it. Its a real competitor to TwoSteps chippie also in the area (Sharrowvale).

only one for me or several really,i go to woodseats fisheries,top class cooked in dripping ,big cod ,chips peas top class or sheffield market,attercliffe, or brendas ,back of the moor,theres a goodun in bakewell as well,dripping is they key and home made batter,queued half an hour at woodseats thats the sign of any top chippy.

Admirable of Delphine, Chesterfield Road , to help out with school meals recently.

On 23/09/2020 at 05:42, DerbyTup said:

This little gem just off Sheffield Road at Whittington Moor,  (just after the big roundabout with James's Cycles)  is technically not in Sheffield of course - but as many of us may travel up and down that A61 between here and Chesterfield I thought it worth pointing out.  

http://www.margarets-chippy.co.uk/index.html

Only open at lunchtimes, Wednesday through Saturday.  Downside:  Big queues - can take half an hour to get served!  Upside:  Delicious fish and chips done the traditional way and not expensive.

This chip shop is my first stop on my way up from the south west on my way to Sheffield. They don't sell Yorkshire fishcakes down here... awesome!!!!

Sadly it looks like the Trawlers Catch on Castleton Street hasn't reopened since closing during lockdown. It was a good chippy.

On 27/03/2018 at 22:45, Tim1 said:

We came third in the chip shop of the year competition on the traxfm radio station. I was chuffed to be nominated never mind coming 3rd! We were up against some big city centre chippys.

I visited your chip shop today, (Chip Inn at Whitwell) having read about you on this thread ages ago. Have to say they were some of the best fish n chips I've had in a long time.

I find most chip shops serve chips that are pale in colour, soft and bland, but yours were a nice golden colour and crisp. Next time I'm passing I will return, thank you.

Often fish very disappointing as soggy fatty batter

Where is fish and chip shop Crookes Hunters Bar area

where batter on fish is crisp not really greasy?

Wonder what is Happening to Broomheads shop at Crookes?

Anyone know what is happening to Broomheads chip shop Crookes. Now closed