Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

thanks sLH73 will ring woodseats for opening times

Went past the newish one on the shops at Greenhill on my way home last night, they were open but serving through an open window

thanks have noticed that,but tried them several times,but awfull,pity rob retired as his fish/chips ect were great,so now we have to travel to woodseats as the local chippys are in my opion horrid,greenhill village closed and they were great,its possible I have a love of chips cooked in dripping.

On 29/04/2020 at 14:01, bassett one said:

thanks have noticed that,but tried them several times,but awfull,pity rob retired as his fish/chips ect were great,so now we have to travel to woodseats as the local chippys are in my opion horrid,greenhill village closed and they were great,its possible I have a love of chips cooked in dripping.

They are horrible chips from there aren't they, shame as Robs used to be very good.

Hi just to spread the word that Greystones Fish Bar on Greystones road S11 (off Ecclesall Rd) will be reopening on the evening of Wednesday 20th May 2020. 

If you’re in the mood for some great fish & chips then be sure to pop down. 

yes its a pity that greenhill/lowedges areas are lacking a good chippy as its a big area and needs a proper chippy asap,but I will carry on going to woodseats fisheries

they are top class,also brendas on the moor and Attercliffe and the market,all top for me.

Poseidon are opening another branch - bang on the Hunters Bar roundabout on Eccie Road, where Ceres used to be. 

Edited by bendix

3 hours ago, bendix said:

Poseidon are opening another branch - bang on the Hunters Bar roundabout on Eccie Road, where Ceres used to be. 

Is Poseidon a chain of chippys?

11 hours ago, bendix said:

I tried the original one on Abbey Lane, the portions were large but I found the quality lacking.

On 09/02/2003 at 11:52, Guest PaulK said:

I Agree RPG!

There is only one good place in England for chips and thats cornwall. Newquay, Padstow, Wadebridge all have good chippies. By far one of the best I've been to is Harry Ramsdens and Barnicutts.

Ther best one in Sheffield is probably Harthill chippy. Its gorgeous, its not in Sheffield but on the outskirts. Try it.

Paul

There used to be a cracking chippy in Rutland road I used to get a drip-cake and fire a fish cake in there proper job 

On 01/04/2020 at 17:53, Pkingy said:

Any chippie that doesn't chuck chicken fryits and god knows what else into the same fat  that the chips and fish are cooked in . I know one in Manchester where their menu is cod haddock plaice and mushy peas and chips that's it. I go past twice a week an they are queiuing in the street. been in three times and I can see what all the fuss is about now

You'll have to tell us where that one in Manchester is?  Not the one on Liverpool Road is it by any chance?

On 10/02/2020 at 20:02, FIRETHORN1 said:

Does anyone know of any fish and chip shops that open on  Sunday afternoons/early evenings? A little relative of mine begged for fish and chips from a chippy for his birthday tea, but being a Sunday, his parents had to tell him that chippies don't open on a Sunday. It's some sort of ancient by-law, apparently! However, we heard through the grapevine that there's a chippy somewhere on or around  Herries Rd, S5, that actually does open on Sundays.

Does anyone know of this mythical place..... if so, where it is … and whether their fish and chips is any good?  

This one does - open 11am - 9pm.  I've tried it twice and the quality is good.  

https://www.whitbysrestaurant.co.uk/ 

And if you should ever get the wanderlust to explore the outer reaches of the Peak District, then this little place in the charming village of Longnor is well worth a visit, as I think you can tell from the photo (link below).  Opens lunch and evenings (not Monday, Wednesday or Sunday unfortunately) and turns out excellent quality fish and chips - you can sit in as well as take away.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x487a3af2d0728bb3%3A0xf9a0497f5c292317!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipOn7EIazDWQFDuWlgusoQvDLXXfvY0wsHE6Vy88%3Dw120-h160-k-no!5slongnor fish and chips - Google Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipOn7EIazDWQFDuWlgusoQvDLXXfvY0wsHE6Vy88&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiUt-u699PrAhWIC-wKHbJ3B_4QoiowCnoECBgQBg#

Edited by DerbyTup

Went to New Cod on Block Commonside

Didn't have cash so she trusted me to bring money later! Impressive