Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

Devonshire Chippy is still ok.

Really used to like The Friery just off Pond Street, very traditional.

4 minutes ago, yorkyboyuk20 said:

theres a good chippy bottom of the moor,i go in threre often and sit and have a meal,seating for 50

30 Cumberland St, Sheffield S1 4PT

Fair enough, but could still  do with a few more around town.

There is one on Division street but imo its very poor quality but that doesnt stop it from doing very good trade maybe because like you say it hasn,t any competition round there ?

The Division St one is poor as most people know. The chips are always soggy, a bit too brown and there are loads of those toothpick-sized ones that should be picked out and chucked in the fishcake pan.

But fair play to them they are always open when you need some chips around that area so I will occasionally still go there. In contrast, a lot of the best chipshops are shut when you need them as they don't want to open later, They stick to the traditional mealtimes of 1950s England as if nothing has changed.

Edited by Bilge

hi i only use 3 chippys all the same family all use dripping and great fishcakes as well as fish /chips peas and great prices they are woodseats fisheries,brendas  or the market chippy,we dont have a decent chippy at greenhill/lowedges any longer in my opinion only that clarted stuff,

anyone out there want to open in a area that needs one?,but at least i have woodseats or town

We've been very disappointed with the S8 offering over the last 2 years. with several chip shops.  

We have complained as often the chips were inedible and I wouldn't give them to a dog, never mind have the cheek to knowingly sell them to humans.  When confronted about the stale, old, withered, awful offerings (definitely not one nice new potato in sight when they were in season!). we were told that they buy the chips in ready prepared to fry.  Well they definitely need to stop this because they are disgusting.   

so there you have it would be or chip shop owners help us at greenhill area and give us a decent home cooked ,beef dripping fried chippy asap please,

Woodseats is no longer in the family, but I'm fairly certain he still cooks in dripping

hi  thats where i go now from lowedges or the market in town or the back of the moor,but really i should be able to go more local,i used to go to robs at greenhill or greenhill village,both now closed,although robs old chippy is still open ,but awfull in my opinion

Been to Brenda's at the back of the Moor today for a cod special, cod, chips and mushy peas, £4.30 and worth every penny...

If you in Lowedges  area try Ocean at the shopping centre, Ash cooks fresh and the quality is fab and prices are too

Had some good ones from an old favourite - Tony's at Mosborough last week.