Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

I never knew the bloke and never ate his fish and chips...but I hear that he was a dab hand at cooking them, so I was sorry to hear that he'd fallen off his perch. I'm sure he lived his life in a way that was beyond reproach - and I certainly never heard anyone carp about the quality of his food!

I never knew the bloke and never ate his fish and chips...but I hear that he was a dab hand at cooking them, so I was sorry to hear that he'd fallen off his perch. I'm sure he lived his life in a way that was beyond reproach - and I certainly never heard anyone carp about the quality of his food!

I did hear he once assaulted and battered somebody.

I did hear he once assaulted and battered somebody.

he took a big chip out of his head as well.

I hear he led a brill life, he wasn't a shellfish man and never seemed crabby….right up until the day when he finally cockled over.

(I think I'm all out these excruciatingly bad fishy puns now...just trying to think of more is giving me a bit of a head-hake).

:D

whats the thoughts of mr&mrs cod chippy at greenhill,thought chips a bit dry?

Went on their opening day and wasn’t particularly impressed.

I have tried several places in the last 8 years I've been at Sheffield but my personal fav is the chip shop at S3 8LF.

I’ve just been in the newish chip shop on Shalesmoor/Gibraltar Street, opposite the Shakespear pub. Chips were the best I’ve had in a while. Normally chips are too pale and undercooked for me, but these were lovely and brown and had a home made taste. They even have Henderson’s to splash on them.

I’ve just been in the newish chip shop on Shalesmoor/Gibraltar Street, opposite the Shakespear pub. Chips were the best I’ve had in a while. Normally chips are too pale and undercooked for me, but these were lovely and brown and had a home made taste. They even have Henderson’s to splash on them.

Yes we are having this at my shop too. We are using the Sagitta variety of potato. This year they are very sweet and go brown even in new oil. I normally have salt and vinegar on my chips but these are great with just a splash of salt.

https://kelhamfriary.com

What happened to "Betty's" fish and chips on West Street? I was a student and went there occasionally but drove past last week and it was no longer there? Any information please.

What happened to "Betty's" fish and chips on West Street? I was a student and went there occasionally but drove past last week and it was no longer there? Any information please.

If your talking about the one on Fitzwilliam St at the junction with West St then Its still there but changed names.