Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

My preference would be Broomheads at the junction of Crookes and Lydgate Lane,but probably one nearer at Broomhill.

Anyone know when the new chippy opens up? Google has some times listed, but they're inaccurate and I don't think they have the times on the front.

hwnAHXG.jpg

One of my customers asked for chips, cheese and Gravy! Now the customer is always right but for once this was just wrong lol

Absolutely. I think l know him, lets be honest there can't be two people eat that surely.

Absolutely. I think l know him, lets be honest there can't be two people eat that surely.

I would not think so.

Out of Sheffield I make regular trips over to the chip inn at Whitwell! This family run chippy sells brilliant snap ! The owner Tim is a very nice chap them fish cakes he sells are the best for miles around! Make the trip over and you will return time and time again

My preference would be somewhere close to where I live

Not broomhill or crookes lmao

Out of Sheffield I make regular trips over to the chip inn at Whitwell! This family run chippy sells brilliant snap ! The owner Tim is a very nice chap them fish cakes he sells are the best for miles around! Make the trip over and you will return time and time again

I really doubt it. I'd have to be going in that direction for a reason. I will try it sometime though and remember reading about it on here before. And yes the owner Tim came over very well on here. If I was heading that way out I'd have to do a taste-test versus Dawson's of Worksop I imagine? They are the ones with a strong reputation out that way.

The only chip shop I go out of my way to visit is Margaret's just off Whit Moor near Chesterfield.

I really doubt it. I'd have to be going in that direction for a reason. I will try it sometime though and remember reading about it on here before. And yes the owner Tim came over very well on here. If I was heading that way out I'd have to do a taste-test versus Dawson's of Worksop I imagine? They are the ones with a strong reputation out that way.

The only chip shop I go out of my way to visit is Margaret's just off Whit Moor near Chesterfield.

Personal opinion but I think Dawsons edges it, especially if you choose to eat in.

We came third in the chip shop of the year competition on the traxfm radio station. I was chuffed to be nominated never mind coming 3rd! We were up against some big city centre chippys.

We came third in the chip shop of the year competition on the traxfm radio station. I was chuffed to be nominated never mind coming 3rd! We were up against some big city centre chippys.

That's a great accolade mate, well done indeed.