Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

robs old chippy that was great and very busy closed a while ago,now its having a re-furb,so it seems its re-opening soon ,anyone know whos bought it or opening it,as we don't have a great chippy in the area ,I hope its a good un.

I think I Saw the new owners couple weeks ago in there. shame to be sold I don't know what it's going to be but they've put one of those vents on you often see from professional kitchens so will surely be some food establishment. Do you not like the chippy on meadowhead or one across from old school drs in greenhill village?

got to be two steps on sharrowvale road!

I tried that about a year ago based on some recommendation on here. All I can say is, go to A Salt N Battered on London Road and make your own comparison.

I tried that about a year ago based on some recommendation on here. All I can say is, go to A Salt N Battered on London Road and make your own comparison.

I possibly hit Two Steps on a bad day but mine wasn't a great experience.

I'm the chip shop king. I have tried every chippy in south Yorkshire. A real chip shop only sells cod. It must state "cod" as some will sell you catfish or whiting fish. The batter must have beer in it to create that golden crispy texture. Thats British tradition. It must be fried in peanut oil too. This is why I only go to seven seas in Rotherham. It costs around £10 for a portion, but it's well worth it.

All these new chip shops use either vegetable fat or lard. These are cheap and unhealthy alternatives to higher grade frying oils.

You also must check if it is cod not some other fish.

Yes I know that beer for batter maybe harram, or a sin or not Kosher but it's the proper way. Read up about it. Try seven seas too and you will understand ?

I love fish and chips me.... Fish chips mushy peys, curry sauce covered in salt & vinegar and brown sauce then shoveled on to some buttered bread. My missus thinks I'm disgusting...

robs old chippy that was great and very busy closed a while ago,now its having a re-furb,so it seems its re-opening soon ,anyone know whos bought it or opening it,as we don't have a great chippy in the area ,I hope its a good un.

Been past robs old chip shop today and it is reopening as a chippy. The reason it closed down is when the council did the road refurb they surrounded the chippy with double yellow lines. there is parking nearby but people will go else where rather than walk. so unless its a lot better than the surrounding chippies I don't see it lasting long

got to be two steps on sharrowvale road!

That's what I thought until I tried new cod on the block on Commonside. Knocks two steps into a cocked hat. Shame as two steps is my local

I love fish and chips me.... Fish chips mushy peys, curry sauce covered in salt & vinegar and brown sauce then shoveled on to some buttered bread. My missus thinks I'm disgusting...

You're not disgusting mate, you actually don't really like fish and chips, that's your problem. If you did then the last thing you'd want to do is smother them in curry sauce, or brown sauce.

Have you ever considered just eating the fish and chips by themselves, maybe with a little salt and vinegar on them? You should try it.

BTW - I like curry sauce too. I occasionally have brown sauce on things. But neither of these should ever be allowed to spoil good fish and chips. Do you put brown sauce on your Sunday lunch too? And do you order chips when you go for an Indian meal? If so, it may explain a lot.

You're not disgusting mate, you actually don't really like fish and chips, that's your problem. If you did then the last thing you'd want to do is smother them in curry sauce, or brown sauce.

Have you ever considered just eating the fish and chips by themselves, maybe with a little salt and vinegar on them? You should try it.

BTW - I like curry sauce too. I occasionally have brown sauce on things. But neither of these should ever be allowed to spoil good fish and chips. Do you put brown sauce on your Sunday lunch too? And do you order chips when you go for an Indian meal? If so, it may explain a lot.

One of my customers asked for chips, cheese and Gravy! Now the customer is always right but for once this was just wrong lol

does anyone know of a chipshop near Weston park hospital I`m visiting tomorrow and have promised a fish and chip lunch