Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

Try living in australia ,ive been here 25 years and cant get decent fish and chips, its battered shark and tastes ****

OOhhh :hihi: that's proper food. I wish I were you. Swordfish would be a bonus too.

We most certainly are animals.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_taxonomy

See under 'Kingdom' it says 'Animalia'.

I'd be fascinated to know what you think we are if not animals..

You got the internet for that. Its like a virtual library :D

Why should I go back and forth here all day. Which I do not have the time, sorry. I been teaching all day.

Some quick crap sources which I can also dig up from the internet:

https://realtruth.org/articles/090806-002-science.html

P.S

Cambridge university have good lectures on this matter too. Go and join. Its like the Lycopene theory.

Learning SF about how the education system was created; will take up to 5000 words! at least. And then, that will probably tell you how Wiki labelled Humans in the Animalia kingdom. And it does not have anything to do with Animalia book that was written by Graeme Base.

I hope I did not offend you. Peace out! :thumbsup:

Cooking fish in the same pan all the time?? Tut tut.....cooking in peanut oil?

Batter mix?.........rice cones?

I need to lay down........the world's gone mad!

Mannings at woodhouse for me,always spot,first place i go on way back to Sheffield,went thursday and never been dissapointed yet

The one on the bridge at Hillsborough

Probably said this before in this thread but Prince's Chippy in Barnsley is the best I've had.

The English tradition is peanut oil. Its greedy profit takers that have introduced cobbler fish, whitefish, and catfish fried in low cost fat.

The English tradition for fish and chips is NOT peanut oil [ do your homework ] and if anyone is getting cobbler fish or cat fish then they are going to the wrong chippy. The fish and chip shops should declare which type of fish they are selling but some just put "fish "on their price list which could mean anything.

tonys of greenhill main road,big queues on most days but top class,cooked to a great standard,prices exceptional ,top value and even big family deals,hes the best for me.

Well said mate. I don't know where this fool has got the idea that the English tradition for frying fish and chips is peanut oil? But I can assure him it's not. The tradition was beef dripping, which was the norm in chip shops when I was a kid. It started being replaced by vegetable oils, I would guess, somewhere in the late 1960's/early 1970's.

The oil from peanuts is known as arachis oil. It is used in enemas. I can't say I've ever had chips fried in it. :gag:

Edited by DerbyTup

Well said mate. I don't know where this fool has got the idea that the English tradition for frying fish and chips is peanut oil? But I can assure him it's not. The tradition was beef dripping, which was the norm in chip shops when I was a kid. It started being replaced by vegetable oils, I would guess, somewhere in the late 1960's/early 1970's.

The oil from peanuts is known as arachis oil. It is used in enemas. I can't say I've ever had chips fried in it. :gag:

Ha that says it all then doesn't it, all a load of crap.

I say fish and chips never tasted the same when they switched to oil but there are still some that cook in beef dripping, it's just finding them.

Edited by jaffa1

Ha that says it all then doesn't it, all a load of crap.

I say fish and chips never tasted the same when they switched to oil but there are still some that cook in beef dripping, it's just finding them.

I THINK Shaws in killamarsh use beef dripping.

This might have already been said but. We now know vegetable oil does not cope with high temperatures and turns bad quite quickly. Animal fat like dripping and lard is far more stable at frying temperatures. The move to veg. oil (for a more healthy fry) turns out to be the opposite.

This goes for olive oil also, only healthy when used cold on salads etc.

I THINK Shaws in killamarsh use beef dripping.

Our family chippy have cooked in beef dripping since 25th November 1987.