Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

Woodhouse West End Fisheries has now reopened in Woodhouse Village. Now called Village fisheries. They are absolutely delicious. Definately the best fish and chips I've tasted.

Good luck with your venture. :)

the fish cafe near the moor is excellent

If it's the one on Charles Street it is now closed.

I was wondering what had happened to the one in Woodhouse West, been before and it was lovely. We have moved that end now so glad you mentioned about it being in the village.....my diet may have to slide once in a while :hihi:

---------- Post added 05-07-2016 at 12:09 ----------

And I second Shaws, good family offers too although it might go cold on the way home to Handsworth.

The one with the blue shutters in the row of shops just below Granville Road, has it closed down?, not seen it open for a few weeks. Think it is owned by Sea Fayre who were in the old market, them they moved to Cambridge Street and are now back in the new market. Shame if it has closed for good, they were nice fish & chips.

Oh my goodness everybody's local chippy is the best in the whole wide world so I'd say Tony's in mosborough is the best but if I lived in ecclesfield there's no way I'd travel,that far

It's good there Lissylouroll, I'd second it.

---------- Post added 27-07-2016 at 00:15 ----------

Just tried Tony's on Greengate Lane (formerly LesAl's) and pretty good. Very big pieces of fish and well-cooked, firm flakey pieces. Chatting to him, he said one of the first things he bought was a rumbler to do chips with real potato and not frozen. Tastes like it. Batter was crisp but could be lighter, just okay. I'd go back but still prefer Arundel Lane one.

2 large fish, chip and a large curry sauce £11.20.

I think you are a fat person Sir. Am I correct?

---------- Post added 27-07-2016 at 00:16 ----------

Woodhouse West End Fisheries has now reopened in Woodhouse Village. Now called Village fisheries. They are absolutely delicious. Definately the best fish and chips I've tasted.

Said you with just 1 post to your name. What inspired you to tell us this I wonder?

---------- Post added 27-07-2016 at 00:17 ----------

The Admiral in Crookes is amazing. :)

No it's not. It's just a fish and chip shop. If you want to see amazing, you should look up some old videos of Paul Daniels or Tommy Cooper.

Only one good chippy in sheff at Millhouses head towards barnsley and west Yorkshire fbfac

Yes, closed for good. Didn`t make it pay. They have another in town.

The food was pretty good.

The food was absolutely rank which is probably why it closed. The sausages tasted like 90% fat.

With Manor Lane, Albert's and the one at Manor Top they didn't stand a chance serving such rotten food.

Edited by megalithic
Typo

Yes, closed for good. Didn`t make it pay. They have another in town.

The food was pretty good.

The food was absolutely rank which is probably why it closed. The sausages tasted like 90% fat.

With Manor Lane, Albert's and the one at Manor Top they didn't stand a chance serving such rotten food.

Well there is two very conflicting opinions.

no place like brromheads in crookes, they still fry in beef dripping.

Well there is two very conflicting opinions.

A friend worked there and it was just down the road from me. Only place I've ever refused the offer of extra food. :hihi:

I think somewhere wholesales crap sausages to a lot of places. I've been to plenty of places that do great chips, but the saus are like you say :gag: