Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

brendas fish and chips if you live in the city centre

I'll second that, best you'll find in town. I also like Two Steps at Sharrow, New Cod on the Block at Commonside, Riverside at Hillsborough and Swallownest fish bar.

Brendas in town is excellent. The new chippy in the market is very good as well (used to be Seafayre I think)

Lovely fish n chips last night at Neptune, Banner Cross

Lovely fish n chips last night at Neptune, Banner Cross

Did that used to be called Ocean S11?

It's had a few owners and names, think the last one was Banner Cross Fish Bar.

New Cod on the Block, Commonside.

Looks like lots have found this now Long. The queues there are around the block a lot of the time!

I don't eat fish, but their chips were always the best when they had the Broomhill, and now is no different. I often rank up there, and if there's no queue, I'm in :hihi:

Just tried Tony's on Greengate Lane (formerly LesAl's) and pretty good. Very big pieces of fish and well-cooked, firm flakey pieces. Chatting to him, he said one of the first things he bought was a rumbler to do chips with real potato and not frozen. Tastes like it. Batter was crisp but could be lighter, just okay. I'd go back but still prefer Arundel Lane one.

2 large fish, chip and a large curry sauce £11.20.

I think Shaw's at Killamarsh, great fish, old fashioned home made fishcakes, and beautiful chips, the home made pie is a must. I have never had a bad meal from this shop. Try it you won't be disappointed.

Woodhouse West End Fisheries has now reopened in Woodhouse Village. Now called Village fisheries. They are absolutely delicious. Definately the best fish and chips I've tasted.

Can highly recommend Neptune Fish shop at Banner Cross. Gluten free is available as well as home delivery.