Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

This thread prompted me to try Tony's again when I was near the other day and I must say it has gone downhill in some ways. Very untidy behind the counter and generally scruffy looking as were the staff- black isn't a good colour if you're working with starchy food. I thought his fish was good but the chips just weren't

Tony's was fantastic - but don't know what's happened , the fishcakes were amazing but now there's so much rock hard batter on them and they taste a bit burnt, put me right off

---------- Post added 09-12-2014 at 23:37 ----------

You can't beat a good old Admiral but only the one at Mosborough there fish are hugh and you can tell the chips are fresh not from the previous dinner time and its not all that expensive either.:thumbsup:

Agree 100%

The Frymaster at Attercliffe, best chip shop in the Sheffield area without a doubt.

4 lanes at leppings lane , crispy golden batter and pure white fish and lilys breadcakesfor the butties, gorgeous

if you live in chesterfield the best 2 chip shops are Chester's on whittingmoor you can have them inside in the sit down cafe all freshly made. the second one is on loundsly green parade of shops the fish is made to order all nice and flaky cod, has no been sitting there drying out or left over from lunch time as they are in some chip shops where the left over fish is put back into the hot fat to warm them back up they are horrible with dry and over cooked batter yuk yuk the best in Sheffield are at the norwood shopping parade next door but one from Tesco's they are great there and the fish cake's and fish cake butties

Robs fish and chips greenhill is the best chippy, value for money.

Cottage Fish Bar in Ecclesfield has the best batter I've tasted. Ocean Blue in Chapeltown the biggest fish - "we're gonna need a bigger plate!".

My Favourite places for fish and chips in Sheffield are easily Brenda's in town, New Cod on the Block in Walkley and the one I like the most, Marishell's in Ecclesfield.

I should definitely try one of these places...I had Fish and Chips at Frog and Parrot one time - was good but still would like to try more :)

Totally agree it's overpriced and warmed up. Never rated Tonys either

Shaws at Killamarsh is always good.

Tried Shaws yesterday. Best Cod and chips I've had since the Harlequin on Howard Street closed. Even the peas seemed a cut above!

Went in richmond chip shop again in week / long tall sally still cooking his half done fish ./ walked out he hasnt a clue

got a chip butty from the barracuda loads of chips but were cold and soggy

We love the one at Hillsborough corner near the crossing, fish is nice too, nom nom :)