Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

never understood how you rate this question, seeing as there's one every few hundred metres in most towns and cities. saturated fat, saturated market i suppose.

They serve decent fish and chips at "a salt and battered" on London Road. It's popular on match days when the Blades are at home.

The only thing is, I went in there a few saturdays ago, about 2.30pm. I got in the queue for my fish and chips. I know they shut about 3pm when the match starts and they aren't keen on putting in extra fish if they've sold out. However, they'd got plenty of fish cooked, maybe a dozen or more, so I didn't think there'd be a problem. But when I got to the front of the queue and asked for fish and chips I was told they hadn't got any fish!

I pointed to the ones already cooked and they said, "they're all booked"! Blimey! So, you have to book a fish in advance now eh?

Anyone else come across this? Anyone know the "fish booking hotline" number for them? I've never heard of anything so daft in all my life.

I havent read through all this topic so dont know if anyone else has mentioned it but Harry's on Wostenholm Road (off Sharrow Lane) does nice fish and chips

New cod on the block, common side is beautiful. :)

Without a doubt - best chippy on the west side of Sheffield.

Tried it for the first time last night, and would call it a must for any true fan of fish and chips.

The cod king.

Bottom of bridge st in Killamarsh.

Classy place, and by far the best I have had in this area ever..

Anyone know what Man Friday is like on Shoreham Street, behind Bramall Lane?

My votes go to Brenda's in town, and the one in Castle Market, which is run by her sister! her brother used to run Woodseats but lately thay've not been as good so not sure if he still does.

You go to Admiral with the best chippy in Sheffield (Tony's) round the corner?

Strange!

Agree, the Admiral food is shocking ... last fish and chips we had from there went straight in the bin, greasy rubbish! Tony's is far better!

And why is Tony's so good?

One reason above all others for me...

HE COOKS IN BEEF DRIPPING NOT OIL

how many other chippies still use the tradtional method of frying in beef dripping? If you know any, please list them here.

And I'll bet they are also amongst the city's best chip shops as well.

And why is Tony's so good?

One reason above all others for me...

HE COOKS IN BEEF DRIPPING NOT OIL

how many other chippies still use the tradtional method of frying in beef dripping? If you know any, please list them here.

And I'll bet they are also amongst the city's best chip shops as well.

broomheads at crookes used to

Personally i really like New Cod on the Block on walkley!

Personally i really like New Cod on the Block on walkley!

that's a catchy name!