Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

This might be contoversial, but I'm going to plump for a Chinese chippy. Hing Lung on Sharrow Vale does the best chips in Sheffield.

Originally posted by Jonnymango

This might be contoversial, but I'm going to plump for a Chinese chippy. Hing Lung on Sharrow Vale does the best chips in Sheffield.

Is that a joke? They're disgraceful! Not as bad as Two Steps across the road though, even the staff discourage you from eating there.....

The chippy in heeley green is great - and very reasonably priced too... Mini fish special is plenty and only 2.20!

gotta agree manor top is ok but a bit far for me ..... try the "codfather " at firth park oppo' kwik save , they even better yum yum thu & fri after 6 up till 9 prices are reduced too:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Agent ****

Is that a joke? They're disgraceful! Not as bad as Two Steps across the road though, even the staff discourage you from eating there.....

No! I genuinely rate the chips from there. Decent cheap chinese food too.

The Harlequin chip shop, across from Hallam University until it recently closed down was the best chippie in Sheffield.

John's in Mosborough is a fine establishment.

Any ones of real note to add?:thumbsup:

Anyone remember Lants fish & chip shop on Attercliffe Common? ... c'mon, surely you can admit you are that old!!!

I'd love to see someone reply they can remember it, they sold lovely fish & chips when I was a kid.

I had the most beautiful Chips, Fishcake and Peas from Jordenthorpe Chippie

The best of all in on Whittington Moor, Chesterfield, Down a little side street, Only opens at dinners

Fantastic

Timewarp - we've had this thread many times before - go check the archives...

Back from mi' ban

;)