Best Fish and Chips in Sheffield thread

I would say that one on Commercial Street leading into Sheffield.

I know Georgios, do you like the Aphrodites as well?

Edited by dacrlit

There are no good takeaway fish and chip shops in Sheffield.

Every single one does the batter too thick and claggy and the chips all soggy.

Plus the oil they all seem to use tastes really artificial and leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

They get the tastebuds going but ultimately are disappointing.

Maybe people like it that way but for me the batter has to be light and crispy all the way through and the chips soft in the middle but crispy on the outside and crunchy at the ends.

If you want decent fish and chips you either have to go to a decent restaurant and pay the price or , only eat them on a trip to the seaside .

For some reason , in Scarborough or Whitby , they seem capable of making takeaway F&C with a really light and crisp batter. Quite why Sheffield shops cannot equal this I do not know.

my fav chippy is grenoside although not open most nights only thurs and fri i think

No I didn't . Why?

Cos they battered and deep fried mackerel, and people loved it.

Much as I love Woodseats and Brenda's, and the one in Castle Market, none of them are a patch on Granville's in Leeds, next to the Market. Awesome fish and chips.

the one on top of mannor used to b the baest at 1 time,that was a few years ago now so dont know what they like now

Worst Sheffield Chippy

1. Devonshire - Soggy chips, lumpy gravy and charges for ketchup sachet.

2. Two steps Sharrowvale - Chips underdone, small expensive fish.

Best Chip Shops

1. Stanhope Road Intake - perfect chips and snips, very cheap.

2. Lowes, White Lane Gleadless Townend - Lovely fish cakes and scampi.

3. Alnwick Road, Hollinsend - Crunchy scraps, big serving and cheap as chips. Polite service.

TRY ANY OF THESE THREE, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!

I think the one at Handsworth is the best, on the opposite side to Handsworth Church. Also Woodseats fisheries.

Cleethorpes for fish and chips? :loopy:

how expensive would that be to travel for your dinner?

by the time youve walked round and eaten your chips and fish... you would have seen all or most of cleethorpes!! then its time to drive back.

Try the chips from cleethorpes u'l understand! lol x

you must have really poor tastebuds, tell me how iraqi's can make traditional fish and chips? answer= they cant

Just an observation, but when a greek guy ran Taplin chippy, his food was great, as good as any other Sheffield chippy, so I don't back your argument about a non English person not able to cook chips properly

anaemic chips copious amounts of batter on cheaply sourced fish and to top it all whilst sat waiting outside i saw the person who was serving stood outside stroking a dog and then went straight back inside and without washing his hands served a woman picking her fishcake up with his hands

That bit is minging, I'd have walked out and gone somewhere else for my dinner.

That bit is minging, I'd have walked out and gone somewhere else for my dinner.

i wasnt even having anything to start with i was sat outside in the car, i went in and told them and the woman who had just been served by him who was stood waiting to pay unbelievably she still had her order