Do You Have Mental Issues?

Do you have mental issues?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have mental issues?

• Yes
    • No
    • Show me the results

I have a history of severe depression and suicidal tendencies. Thankfully under control these days (and without resorting to medication) I haven't had a major episode for a while. I still have my 'darker phases' when my mind sinks back into itself, and the voices begin to whisper insecurities to me, but I've learned to control them, and channel them. I did go through a really bad phase earlier this year, which was probably my lowest point in the past 10 years.

My eldest sister also has a bad history of manic depression, but her GP set her on anti-depressants (something my own GP advised me away from - I sought counselling and then meditative techniques which work well). Now, 15 years on, she is still addicted to the medication, and goes through regular fits of depression as the meds are simply doing naught but depressing her even more that she is hooked on them - coupled with easy access to tablets means overdoses-a-plenty.

I have learned to live with my moods, and thankfully have a wife who knows how to deal with me when I am going into one. She is supportinve and understanding, without nagging or telling me to cheer up. When I am low I need to work through it myself, and will talk to others when I feel ready to do so - so she leaves me to it, and waits for me to come to her.