Do you have mental issues?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have mental issues?

• Yes
    • No
    • Show me the results

I didn't have mental issues, until I came on this forum. :hihi:

You and me both.... seems this place has a bad effect on people :D

I suffered from clinical depression in the mid seventies, lot of crap from a relationship that ended badly, was on ADs and was given councelling (which I dont think helped at all!)

I've had two actual bouts of 'clinical depression' firstly treated by counselling, and then teh second time by a course of AD's which did the job until I was feeling strong enough to get along without them. I know that it is almost inevitable that at some point in the future I willhave another bout, but now I know the signs and will have more warning and be able to get some help a lot sooner. In the meantime, I have black dog days, sometimes I have black dog weeks, as it happens I am just coming out of what was a 3 week blue funk which I was worried fopr a while was the beginning of another bout. Luckily I seem to have passed through that pretty much unscathed.

maybe we could have a special interest group for all of us 'loonies'?

Mental issues are classed as a disability, which is already covered by teh disabled and carers group.

say if someone wanted to see someone about an issue/a large range of issues to see if anything can be done and they were 16...who/where would they go to? and how long would they have to wait...if they were in urgent need..?

say if someone wanted to see someone about an issue/a large range of issues to see if anything can be done and they were 16...who/where would they go to? and how long would they have to wait...if they were in urgent need..?

they would need to see their GP who would refer them to the appropriate professionals, if need be

they would need to see their GP who would refer them to the appropriate professionals, if need be

thankyou...

I think it was perfectly clear what Purdy meant, Greybeard - you're just being picky

StarSparkle

I wonder if being 'picky' is a 'mental issue' ? I do seem to have a 'thing' about people meaning what they say/saying what they mean.

Anyway purdy I'm sorry I picked on you...if I did :)

I think it was a misunderstanding more than anything, I have read a lot of Greybeard's posts and would say he is the last person that would be offensive knowingly

....maybe we could have a special interest group for all of us 'loonies'?

We've already got one.

It covers all disabilities - mental and physical. But we were keeping it secret from you, because we all hate you. (There, now you can add paranoia (sp?) to your problems) :hihi:

When it's finally back online, they could also have a look at the Samaritans website. From what I can recall, it had an excellent section for young people, with a forum for discussion.

This site is specifically for young people.

Sometimes just knowing that you are not alone in what you're going through can be a great help. But you still need to see your GP.

I wonder if being 'picky' is a 'mental issue' ? I do seem to have a 'thing' about people meaning what they say/saying what they mean.

Anyway purdy I'm sorry I picked on you...if I did :)

Maybe you're a perfectionist, like me :hihi:

When it's finally back online, they could also have a look at the Samaritans website. From what I can recall, it had an excellent section for young people, with a forum for discussion.

This site is specifically for young people.

Sometimes just knowing that you are not alone in what you're going through can be a great help. But you still need to see your GP.

thanks...i think the GP thing is pretty much not possible so i'll just see how things go again..they'll go away again soon