Pitsmoor scouts

I'm looking for information about the 11th PITSMOOR Scouts, which I was in from the mid 50's till about 1962/3. I would like to knowwhen the group ceased to be and what was the reason behind it.

The names I can recall are Pete Ashton, who I believe died and also someone called Phillip who lived on Roe lane

I'm looking for information about the 11th PITSMOOR Scouts, which I was in from the mid 50's till about 1962/3. I would like to knowwhen the group ceased to be and what was the reason behind it.

The names I can recall are Pete Ashton, who I believe died and also someone called Phillip who lived on Roe lane

I was a member of the Pitsmoor 11th. from 1946 to 1951 and remember quite a few names of other members. The Group Scoutmaster was a Mr Marshall who was also a Scoutmaster when my dad was a member. Mr. (Brer) Fox was the Senior Scoutmaster. I believe that Pete Ashton committed suicide. I've no idea why the group ceased to exist tho'.

I was a member of the Pitsmoor 11th. from 1946 to 1951 and remember quite a few names of other members. The Group Scoutmaster was a Mr Marshall who was also a Scoutmaster when my dad was a member. Mr. (Brer) Fox was the Senior Scoutmaster. I believe that Pete Ashton committed suicide. I've no idea why the group ceased to exist tho'.

Actually the scouts went well into the 70s however not sure if it was the same group.

They would meet up at Pye Bank School though I was in the boys brigade and never went into the scouts.

So Gerry, you must remember Barry Whitworth and Pete Jackson being members around that time.

I remember being in a scout group with my brother in the early 60's. It was held in a church on Nottingham Cliff, can't remember the group No. though.

So Gerry, you must remember Barry Whitworth and Pete Jackson being members around that time.

Could that be the Pete Jackson who lived on Wallace Road. If it was he was in the 159th Neepsend group, they met at Woodside School though.

If you also remember Pete Elms it was the 159th.

Absolutely Texas. and a few others too. The scout meetings were held at a house on Burngreave Road just above St. Catherines Church. I believe the house belonged to Christ Church. We had a great time camping weekends at Grenoside Woods and Annual camps on the East Coast. Barry played the bugle in those days but I don't recall if Pete played the drums.

The troop on Nottingham Cliff was the Burngreave Congs, red and brown halved neckerchiefs.

And Muntjac, I dont think that was the same Pete Jackson, he lived on Rutland Road.

And Gerry, do you remember a guy called Arthur Sykes? Lived somewhere on that little side road near that ballroom on Barnsley Road. Day's was it?

The troop on Nottingham Cliff was the Burngreave Congs, red and brown halved neckerchiefs.

And Muntjac, I dont think that was the same Pete Jackson, he lived on Rutland Road.

And Gerry, do you remember a guy called Arthur Sykes? Lived somewhere on that little side road near that ballroom on Barnsley Road. Day's was it?

Hey Texas, yes I remember Arthur Sykes, if I recall he was the first bloke I new to wear drainpipe trousers. Was it Dey's Dancing?

Yes I remember now.

I'm drifting off the issue here, but I was in the same class as Arthur at Burngreave. Our teacher was a guy named Mr King, he had a bad temper and a way of wearing his glasses so that he could see what was happening behind him when he was facing the blackboard. Invariably there was a lot of disruption usually caused by Arthur and his mate Gerry. Wasn't you was it G?

Last time I saw Arthur though was sometime in the mid 50's, he was pushing a builders handcart up Barnsley Road. Strange that, I never had him down as the manual work type of bloke. Caused mayhem in the classroom but well spoken with it.

I think though that Pete Jackson did play a side drum in Pitsmoor Scouts.

I'm drifting off the issue here, but I was in the same class as Arthur at Burngreave. Our teacher was a guy named Mr King, he had a bad temper and a way of wearing his glasses so that he could see what was happening behind him when he was facing the blackboard. Invariably there was a lot of disruption usually caused by Arthur and his mate Gerry. Wasn't you was it G?

Last time I saw Arthur though was sometime in the mid 50's, he was pushing a builders handcart up Barnsley Road. Strange that, I never had him down as the manual work type of bloke. Caused mayhem in the classroom but well spoken with it.

I think though that Pete Jackson did play a side drum in Pitsmoor Scouts.

Not guilty Texas, I think it could have been Gerald (Gerry) Roy. Gerry is a couple of years older than me. His younger brother Vic and I were good friends from Firs Hill and Burngreave.