What has happened to the Nottingham House?

Seems to be a lot of undesirable characters hanging around the pubs in S10.

The Notty has been on the way downhill for some time, might be the late licence.

Until they replace the partitions it will never be a good pub again.

I liked it when it was the Fitzooth and Firkin back in the 90's...some superb real ales and it had a great vibe to it..........

Until they replace the partitions it will never be a good pub again.

I seem to recall it had 3 rooms back in the early 80's....am I right?

called in for a pint last night and was appalled by what has happened to this once beautiful real ale student pub. The place was virtually empty save for about 20 of what can only be described as not very pleasant tracky bottom gangster types. I felt like I was not in the glorious leafy suburb of Broom hill, but rather it felt more like the Manor!!

It was a relief to escape to the Broomhill tavern where nothing has changed since 1895!!!

like all pubs they are priceing out the regular drinkers..pubs will be a thing of the past unless the greedy brewerys and landlords wake up and smell the coffee

like all pubs they are priceing out the regular drinkers..pubs will be a thing of the past unless the greedy brewerys and landlords wake up and smell the coffee

prices were not TOO bad there, standard pub prices for stuff mainly, not excessively over priced and cheaper than some other Broomhill pubs (slightly)

I think any former regulars would hate the place now.....it just does not feel welcoming, which should be the number one goal of ANY pub.....brushed against one of the pillars on the way out and got shirt covered in about a months worth of grime...the floor was sticky with old beer too, not fresh.....the place is in need of an industrial strength clean and not just a sweep and a mop....

I liked it when it was the Fitzooth and Firkin back in the 90's...

Thanks for that, I was trying to remember what it was called when I saw this thread earlier. I knew it was the F..... and Firkin but couldn't remember what. Not surprising really, its a bit obscure.

It was a Firkin pub when I first landed in Sheffield and I remember the excellent Dogbolter they used to serve. If I remember rightly they used to brew in some of the Firkin pubs?

The Firkin chain also had an offy down at Hunters Bar where you could get carry outs of it on draught. :)

prices were not TOO bad there, standard pub prices for stuff mainly, not excessively over priced and cheaper than some other Broomhill pubs (slightly)

I think any former regulars would hate the place now.....it just does not feel welcoming, which should be the number one goal of ANY pub.....brushed against one of the pillars on the way out and got shirt covered in about a months worth of grime...the floor was sticky with old beer too, not fresh.....the place is in need of an industrial strength clean and not just a sweep and a mop....

Agreed we went in the other night and it certainly appeared to have lost a lot of the character it had a few years back.

The Nottingham House (the Notty) has been pretty shabby for a while. I think it was in 1999 when it turned into one of these "Firkin" pubs.

Pedant (and reviver of old threads) alert: but here goes: it was a Firkin pub at least as early as mid-1997 as when i first came (late Summer 1997) it had already become a Firkin.

I think it turned into a Firkin pub in 1996. I remember going to the last night when they were selling off all the dregs of the drinks at ridiculously low prices. I was gutted, it was a great pub before then.

my grandmother was the landlord there during the war and then my mother took over until around 1947 It was a lovely pub the ladies use to sit in the snug, billards upstairs and then the main bar although thinking about it , it must have been very tiny.

I went back a month ago - wow it has taken over the whole block - ashamed to say i didn't go in too many happy memories to be broken.