Anyone work at Loxley Brothers Ltd Print Works

Just to give a memory jog, these are the people i remember from Loxleys (theres a lot).

Jim May, Steve Wilde, Mark Naylan, Neil Mackley, George Frost, Nobby Scotton, Terry Cartwright, Bill Hayward, Geoff Russell, Jack Cowlishaw, Bob Edworthy, Paul Ward, Pete Brookes, Chris Skelly, Dave Horton John Marsden, Bill Seffers, Dave Winbow, Big Dave Walker, Derek Boucher, Jonathan Newbould, Les Hunt, Chris Bailey, Pete Grayson, Ted Stafford, Garry Hall, John Marshall, Elvin Reinhart, Paul Gordon, Gary Anderson, Susan Crerar, Dawn Edis, Diane Fairest, June, Susan Grayson, Jackie, Maureen, Sheila, Kath, Joanne, Rachel (cant remember surnames) Margaret Elms, Dave Williams, Jane May, Tony and Phillip (warehouse) Mick Dickinson, Ron Thomas, Richard Sanderson, John White, John Birch, Barbara Russell, and Barry from the yard! Phew! I know a few of these people have sadly passed away but it would be great to hear from anyone else from those days. I moved on to Garnetts in Rotherham and then Polestar in Sheffield before leaving the trade last year.

nice memory jog know em all i was in machine room a few you missed Joe Cooper, John Collier, Tony Marshal, Roger Pryor, Graham Chadburn, Derek Marsh,Dave Allyson and the girls big Janet, Norma,Diane Bailey and i can't forget Carol Jackson been married to her for 34 years oh and Susan Grayson was Rodgers my sister ring any bells

Edited by smartmart

hi smartmart i do remember you, give my regards to carol will you, i worked with her and diane in the foiling department early eighties. its darren by the way. you used to call in at loxleys from time to time after you left if i remember. jack travis was in charge for a while in the foilers think you knew him through college didnt you? ive just got in contact with paul ward again after many years do you remember him? all the best mate

hi smartmart i do remember you, give my regards to carol will you, i worked with her and diane in the foiling department early eighties. its darren by the way. you used to call in at loxleys from time to time after you left if i remember. jack travis was in charge for a while in the foilers think you knew him through college didnt you? ive just got in contact with paul ward again after many years do you remember him? all the best mate

Hello lenonman Thanks yes I will, Thought afterwads some names I memtioned were may be before your time. Paul I do remember ask him about Les Hunt I'm sure he will have a few stories to tell. Jack came to work with me at Rosehill Press for about 12 months I believe he's now selling insurance,thanks once again for reply keep in touch see ya pal.

I worked at Loxleys from 1972 to 2002 and I can remember all the people mentioned and a few more. I have already had contact with Darren by email. I used to love working there in the late 70s and 80s we had some right laughs but when the management changed in the 90s it wasn't the same. I remember Martin and Carol very well from my days when I lived in Mosborough it would be good to get back in touch with some of the old gang we ought to have a reunion somewhere.

Hi Soobylou good to hear from you again hope you are well. Yes a reunion would be a great idea, think you said you were still in touch with some of the old crew, let me know if you fix anything up. Im in touch with Paul and Dawn on facebook and can send them a message anytime.

:roll:hi my dad worked at loxley s bill pennington does anyone remember bill matthews diane sharp brian brittain luv 2 hear valann

Hey up valann yes remember both Bill's had some laughs with them two Diane was Fairest when i was there saw her last week, Brian was a reader i think

I started at Loxleys as an apprentice compositor in April 1952 and Brian Brittain started the week after me, he worked in the readers dept as a copyholder and then a reader when he was 21 so I knew him well. The "Two Bills" as they were affectionately known were guillotine operators and as an apprentice I would see them regularly when fetching various sorts of paper, they were comics and nicer blokes you couldn't wish to meet I remember them well. The only Diane I remember was Diane Ellis (maiden name) she worked in the letterpress dept. and I met her when Loxleys invited old employees back to celebrate their 150th anniversary which was in 2004. I have happy memories of my time at Loxleys and in particular the nice staff that were employed there.

hi Valann yes i remember your dad he was a lovely man, along with Bill Matthews they were a great 'double act', they always had a friendly word for me, as a young apprentice starting out in work it was well appreciated! Knew Diane as well, along with the other girls we always had lots of laughs. Brian Brittain had moved from the readers when i started and had moved into the office. Good to hear from you.

hi I work at Loxleys been there 10 years Its changed a lot now

new owners

Diane Sharpe is still there Jackie retired last year

Gary Anderson Carole Rogers Cath Rowly Suzanne Jackson

are the only ones left of the old ones

Carole

An old friend of my Dad worked at Loxleys for many years in the 40's to 60's.

Sid Atkinson.

He was a keen amateur film maker.

This is one he made of my Dad training a sheepdog.

If the link doesn't work, go to You Tube and put "Craig story of a dog" in the search box.

I didn't work at Loxleys but I remember the manager of the Fargate shop many years ago (c. 1963). I can't remember his name but he was a really nice chap. After retirement he used to do a bit of part-time work at Jenkinson Marshall's shop at West Street (corner of Carver Street).