Anyone work at Loxley Brothers Ltd Print Works

I missed out on the open day a while ago but would love to go back to Loxleys for a look around, yes i bet it has changed a bit since the old days, i had more good days than bad there, look back on it with a lot of affection.

does anyone remember 1 xmas works dinner dance when stan bods wifes knicker elastic broke they ended up round her ankles and stan whipped her off the dance floor quicker than anything youve seen on strictly come dancing anyone remember derek brittain x

I remember Derek Brittain, he worked in the Monotype casting dept., there were two other men in there, Fred Sutheran and Bill Whelan, Fred was the chargehand. Derek, Bill and myself often went to Heeley Baths in our Dinner break doing about 50 mph down Bedale road in Derek's 4-wheel drive jeep. Stan Bodds was one of my closest friends during my time at Loxleys, I held him in the highest regard, I didn't know about the knicker incident but I can well imagine it, I knew Flo' as well.

did derek tell you no brakes on that jeep x

Oh yeah! the left turn at the bottom was always touch and go.

I have just seen the obituary in last night's Star of Doreen Knight probably better-known to ex-employees as "Doreen in the office" ie: Doreen Jackson.

Hi, i worked at Loxleys for seven years between 1979 and 1986 .

I started as an apprentice litho printer ( Steve Taylor ).another blade

Good memories and plenty of banter.

I remember that sad day on boxing day when the blades got beat 4-0

,i didnt want to go back to work with all the stick i was going to get ..ha ha

Edited by tizzertaylor

I started work there in July 1977 when I left school as an apprentice, me and another lad called Chris(I think), but I left after a few weeks to start an apprenticeship at Laycock Engineering, I believe Chris was killed in a car accident a couple of years ago.

Yes ,it was Chris Mountain who got killed in the car accident .He was only about 47 yrs old.

I used to know a letterpress printer from Loxleys, his name was Jeff Stork. I went to tech with him during the years 1961 - 1963. Does anyone know of him ?, I lost touch with him after I finished tech.

Hi everybody,

I'm pretty ****** at everyone as My name is Craig Alison and as my Dad Donald & Mom Margaret both worked at Loxley's neither of them got a mention I also worked there for 15 years I also worked with Jim May for a few years on the Heidelberg Speedmaster I now live in the US but thought I would look the place up only to get let down by you people. I believe you Lenonman used to fancy my sister to,

Regards Craig

My mother Doreen Gregory, later Doreen Bloomer, worked at Loxley's when she left school in 1935 until the end of the war. Unfortunately she died last year so I can add little. I remember climbing up to the 2 round pillars outside the main entrance as a child, when we lived close by in Chippinghouse Road.