Sheffield Cat Abuse Treatment Society.

I can't even see the site, its not loading

I can't even see the site, its not loading

Yup - I'm just investigating, actually! Apologies for the break in service, as they say!

It's a server problem, I'm afraid - a routing issue in the datacenter after some upgrades were carried out last night.

At teh moment - no idea when normal service will be restored, but I'll keep folks posted.

Rubber band tightened up and clockwork re-wound - should be OK now. :)

Yes she has its a morrisons Ecclesfield and Asda at Chapeltown they have her photos on them.

LOL! I think she is so busy she doesnt know what day it is cos i did ask her if the bins were hers and she said she didnt think so. unless she thought i meant actual bins lol bless her! :)

great site, my parents live next door to Jackie and I love visiting the shelter when I'm up there.

There is a message board for those who donated to leave a message that they were from SF. :)

great site, my parents live next door to Jackie and I love visiting the shelter when I'm up there.

There is a message board for those who donated to leave a message that they were from SF. :)

Pssst.....Message board bit on the list of things to do. :D

I'm going to have to put my skates on here, methinks!

Pssst.....Message board bit on the list of things to do. :D

I'm going to have to put my skates on here, methinks!

tut tut JoeP, fancy putting a button live when its not fully operational! :P

I apologise for resurrecting this thread, but thought it a better idea than starting a new one......

I noticed on Rain Rescue's website there's an appeal for newspapers for Jackie's kitties at C.A.T.S. Can anyone tell me if this is current?

Obviously I shall be ringing Jackie, but I don't think she'd appreciate a call at stupid o'clock in the morning! :hihi:

It is correct - Jackie used to get newspapers for which she only uses that for the litter trays of the cats. Somehow - the printers now recycle their papers and she doesn't get them any more. She desperately needs newspapers - and probably lots of other things too like good quality cat food for the abused cats that she looks after.

Anyone who cares about cats should donate a few pounds to help this lovely lady and her sanctuary keep afloat - she so desperately needs funds to help these poor defenceless puss cats that we as a society are supposed to love.

Please - pop onto her website - donate a few pounds - or better still - pop up there and give her some money, papers or good quality cat food.

Thanks djelibeybi - for resurrecting it and reminding us all.

Thanks djelibeybi - for resurrecting it and reminding us all.

My pleasure!

I rang Jackie this morning and left a message. She came back to me quite quickly and confirmed her desperate need for newspapers.

I grabbed as many as I could out of our recycling bin and headed up there with my A to Z in hand (well, not literally as I was driving!). It was made easier by Jackie's directions, especially as my A to Z doesn't show that one end of her street now sports bollards!

She was so grateful for the papers and immediately put them to good use. We had a good long chat, and she invited me into the shelter to meet her kitties.

Jackie's dog Lady had already greeted me at the gate on my way in, and a couple of her cats had already declared I now belonged to them by scent marking me with a vengeance! :hihi:

Jackie's a lovely lady, and so selfless in her determination to help kitties who've fallen into difficult circumstances. The kittens which touched my heart the most, were two out of three litter mates I met today. They inherited cerebral palsy from their mother, and as such, have balance disorders. As some of you may already know, I fell ill with a balance disorder myself two years ago. These kittens made a huge impression on me, as they're constantly tumbling over, alot worse than I do, but as they know no different, they just carry on irregardless. One of the black and white females was fascinated by the teddy bear key ring I have on my car keys, and despite falling all over the place, was playing with it. I even ended up laying on the floor with the cats, making friends.

It's a good job I'm not in a position to take on a cat at this time, as I could quite easily have taken the three cerebral palsy kits off Jackie's hands right there and then!

I can honestly say, I've never seen that number of cats so well looked after and in such excellent condition in a rescue centre / sanctuary environment before. Bright eyed and bushy tailed really does describe those cats well.

Jackie is truly desperate for newspapers at this time, and has asked me to pass the word round to everyone I can. She doesn't know I'm posting this appeal here, but it can't do any harm.

As I did, it's advisable to ring Jackie first to ensure there's someone there to receive anything you'd like to donate. She'd also be grateful for any items which she could use in a tombola to help raise funds since the ambulance and charity shop were trashed.

Jackie at C.A.T.S. can be reached on (0114) 245 7181.

I'm going to put myself in a right position now.......I live on Lowedges.....today I drove a 22 mile round trip to deliver just a single carrier bag of newspapers to Jackie.......if anyone would like to donate clean newspapers which Jackie can use to line litter trays but are unable to deliver them to her themselves, I may be able to assist......maybe not in the long term as I have to consider my health, but maybe during the next week just to help her over this hump?

If anyone would like to help, please PM me on here and I'll be notified by EM alert. It would help loads if anyone wishing to donate newspapers could stuff them into carrier bags for me so I can carry them to and from my car safely.

Thanks for listening xxx

Jackie is quite welcome to Barries newspapers (she'll know what I mean) and if she needs more I'll make sure she gets some.

Jackie is quite welcome to Barries newspapers (she'll know what I mean) and if she needs more I'll make sure she gets some.

Foxy

Jackie's got no driver at the moment, so will those papers be able to find there own way there at all?