TEH...what does it mean?

Ive mentioned it before to Joe, but I think its quite charming, and hope he never changes it. :)

I've just updated a few of the FAQs and left a couple in as a homage to MrP ;)

Not my style! And I won't even ask about leet.... Maybe I'm the one who should get out more! ha!

I've just done a search, but found nothing. I've heard something about this before ...

I've noticed that JoeP always seems to write 'teh' for the. It can't always be a typo can it? Is it some kind of code?

Do enlighten me please. (And no taking the michael if you please!)

I asked the same question a while ago but the thread got closed down :(

It's something I really don't understand. People get slated for spelling and grammer on here, but is seems ok to mis-spell the most simple and commonly used word in the english language. If is is a mistake, as some people say, then it is bad that so many people seem to make it without correcting.

Oh dear...oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

It's something I've always had - when I was a kid I suffered from a slight dyslexia - bd reversals, gp reversals, etc. I sometiems have issues getting vowels and consonants in the wrong order, and have to work hard to prevent it.

That explains things a lot more clearly. Thanks for the honesty JoeP. :) So what is everyone elses reason? Are there people that truley write teh because it is an internet geeky thing to do. :huh:

Rich also does this a lot when typing- I think he does it intentionally now though cos someone pointed it out so therefore he thinks it must be cool :hihi: (joke Rich)

That explains things a lot more clearly. Thanks for the honesty JoeP. :) So what is everyone elses reason? Are there people that truley write teh because it is an internet geeky thing to do. :huh:

If I do it then it's because I'm getting my fingers tangled up whilst typing- but I actively try not to do it because of the big deal that some people make over typos (especially that one) on this forum.

I think another poster uses that word,rich I beleive,or maybe he just likes to copy J P.

I asked the same question a while ago but the thread got closed down :(

It's something I really don't understand. People get slated for spelling and grammer on here, but is seems ok to mis-spell the most simple and commonly used word in the english language. If is is a mistake, as some people say, then it is bad that so many people seem to make it without correcting.

Inverting letters is a very common occurrence, even amongst trained typists. That's why Microsoft word has an auto-correct feature, which will automatically change teh to the. And it isn't always a case of not correcting, sometimes you read what should be there, rather than what is there.

One place I worked, a typist inverted the "c" and "o" in the title "Discount Controller", much to everybody's amusement - and she'd obviously checked her typing.

And I once managed to refer to "pubic funding" in a minute I typed up addressed to a Secretary of State! It wasn't just me that missed the typo, everybody else who'd read it, commented on it, changed it and checked it managed to miss it as well.

There's an amusing thread somewhere about misreading thread titles - gives some good examples of how the eye can sometimes fool the brain. Including one poster who'd misread the title as talking about misleading thread titles!

I use teh all the time.. sometimes by mistake when my fingers don't coordinate with my brain too well and other times just cos its sounds funny. I think I noticed it first on websites like B3ta.com where they kept talking about "teh fluff" when they posted pictures of cute fluffy kittens.

Does anyone remember the popular 1980s indie band Teh Teh?

I thought it was teh woh?