Strange lights in the sky over Sheffield 6.

we really need to know what these lights were dont you think?

very very strange if you ask me!

:huh:

Ive just looked outside and can see nothing. The only light was my security light which came on.! :)

This was none of those.

How can you be so sure it wasn't?

It's unusual that nobody got any pictures. :(

Were the lights there for very long?

I've pointed one of the security cameras down the valley - If they come back, I'll have

it on disc.

Quite a few satellites and rocket bits passed over Sheffield tonight ..

http://www.heavens-above.com/allsats.asp?Mag=3.5&lat=53.383&lng=-1.466&loc=Sheffield&alt=76&tz=GMT

A Lacrosse 3 is a pretty huge spy satellite and quite bright.

Do you know where the times for these are to be found. Thanks.

Do you know where the times for these are to be found. Thanks.

Yes Albert just go to the Heavens Above website via this address ..

http://www.heavens-above.com/main.aspx?Loc=Sheffield&Lat=53.383&Lng=-1.466&Alt=76&TZ=GMT

which is worth book marking. You can then view the times that the brightest satellites pass over by clicking on the link that says "3.5" under the text "Daily predictions for all satellites brighter than magnitude:". The website has a database of orbits and automatically calculates where the satellites are in real time. You can also register for free and give it your exact location and customise your homepage.

If you wish to report any UFO sightings or if you house or work place is haunted then feel free to email The Haunted Realm [email protected]

:thumbsup:Jon

Sent the feelers out today:cool: Apparently someone Foxhill area made some contraption with binbags a wick some ful etc. Must say the effects looked good even though a bit on the dodgy side. Mystery solved.

my next door neighbour buys these lantern things off the net. They`re around 3 feet high, you have to light the burner and as it gets full of hot air, off it goes. These things can travel for miles depending on the direction and speed of the wind. And you can see them from a very long way off on a cloud free night. They look very very strange from far away(or the ground).

So to throw you off the scent of aliens, perhaps these atre what you saw!

Sent the feelers out today:cool: Apparently someone Foxhill area made some contraption with binbags a wick some ful etc. Must say the effects looked good even though a bit on the dodgy side. Mystery solved.

We should have a photographic verification posted as a factual solution. Any offers?