Strange lights in the sky over Sheffield 6.

no. these lights came from grenoside somewhere and over foxhill - two very bright lights travelling far apart too far apart to be the same object - went right over and one dropped really fast to the ground. The other one hung around for a bit and carried on over Sheffield. I've seen lights before from owlerton and it definatley wasnt them.

May be the question Are we alone in the universe has been answered tonight?

What time was this?

It will probably be in the star in a couple of days!!!

Ah so The Star is a lot like our local rag. I once organised a charity event, and to give our local rag it's due they did advertise it........2 weeks after the event

probably a couple of chinese lanterns, unless a fighter plane turns up i wouldnt worry to much

At least someones getting around Sheffield without being stuck for hours with the engine overheating :hihi:

At least someones getting around Sheffield without being stuck for hours with the engine overheating :hihi:

The parking inforcement team at Sheffield Council said that they would tow them away if they landed

I have been in the fields behind Norton tonight and its a really dark and clear night I haven't seen so many stars visible in Sheffield for quite a while. Looking roughly to the south I could see a couple of moving bright lights one of which appeared to get lower and lower before vanishing. When that happened another light appeared behind the 2nd light. I couldn't understand what I was seeing until I realised that visibility was so good I could see the lights of aircraft going into East Midlands airport. Walking back there was another much brighter light appear that remained stationary for about 5 minutes before moving slowly. At a guess this was the East Midlands Police helicopter at work.

Well if this "thing" had any points then I am sure it would be very welcome at Hillsborough

It couldnt have been a hot air balloon.Warnock deflated a while ago.:hihi:

I believe that they would be bits of flack from outer space burning up, it happens all the time. ( Unless someone all green arrives on my front door asking for a cuppa ).

Im in Sheffield 6, and have heard fireworks going off .

dont know what your lights were but you can see the space station in a morning if you look east ,you cant miss it , it is a very ,very bright light in the clear sky

Not heard of any sensible explanation as yet. Only the chinese lantern theory but they were travelling far to fast, seeing as there was very little breeze at the time. Had my binocs on them they were spherical. Definitely not aircraft lights ,they were not bright enough,not lights from Owlerton. :huh: