Hurlfield School - any ex pupils?

I remember all of those so I must know you.... my other half says is it Dennis? If so, I do know you but didn't know you had a nickname so can be forgiven for not recognising you :hihi:

yes its dennis cheesy !!!!!!! who is this hello ???? say hi im curious

yes Bev2 i remember Mr Carr, was he the music teacher or am i mixing him up with another short bald headed bloke! Used to also dread the swimathons, i was a bad swimmer and they used to make you do a couple of lengths of the pool if i remember. used to think it was torture.

hi does anyone remember mrs ashburrys class i was in that one with cheryl lister jayne wild marcia herd kay burton david edge kim walker lee bunting joanna cant remember her name lisa roebuck.

Oh dear, afraid I can go back a lot further than this.

Started at Hurlfield in 61 and left in 66.

Can remember most of the teachers as well. Did I enjoy being there?

At the time definitely no, now, looking back, reckon it was more than OK, decent headmaster, Len Egerton and teachers were a fair mix.

i can go a little earlier i left hurfield girls in 1964 when it was still hurfield girls at top of abourthorne rd (later called ashleigh.and hurfield boys on east bank rd,i remember teachers miss smith a really strict old sod miss cobb mr pickering mrs knott headteacher miss batemore deputy head.hated every minute i was there my schooldays were the worst years of my life,so pleased my own kids loved school

i almost forgot do u remember the music teacher mrs kirkpatric horrible teacher and when we had pe all afternoon at break the girls would have to have break in their short blue pleated pe skirts and the lads used to see who could make the biggest slap marks on the girls legs

hi does anyone remember mrs ashburrys class i was in that one with cheryl lister jayne wild marcia herd kay burton david edge kim walker lee bunting joanna cant remember her name lisa roebuck.

Wasn't in that class but still in touch with Jayne and also Ann Batty. Was it Joanna Ramsey or was that someone else?

yes it was joanna ramsey i remember now kez

I went to Hurlfield from 82 thru 86. My homeroom teacher was Mr. Rowson, over in the woodshop area.:P

I really like the art teacher Mr.Pollack. Anyone remember the behavior Modification Unit or as we knew it the BUM unit?, Michelle

i remember the bum unit well i liked it in there all my friends were usually in there ha ha

Anyone remember that daft inflatable gym they spent thousands on, it lasted about a day.

I was in Mr Edwards form 2L, at the top of the tower, poor bloke was killed by a bus wasn't he. I remember we had a special assembly for it, and some lass broke down in tears and fled the hall, sad day, he was a good teacher.

I really liked Mr Turton,there was a story going around that he and Mr Houdmont caught some lads smoking near the toilets that were near the woodwork/metal work classes, they were crouched down by the steps that led into the toilets hidden behind the bushes, From what i can remember the two teachers made out they wanted to urinate and couldn't be arsed to go into the loo, they then proceeded to pour a bottle of water over the lads. I had him for English for a while after Mr Bell, who i can't remember at all, then there was Mrs Ward who I thought was great, used to really grate on her nerves when i'd hand reams of work in with no punctuation at all in it.

Mr Deeks for French which I hated.

Mr Greenhoff for geography,

Mrs Kirkpatrick for music.

Mr Nettleship for woodwork,

Miss Conners and Miss Olivant for biology, god i loved those women, I had such a crush on them.

Mr Hill history teacher, he always said i was a polite and helpful boy.

Mr Guest and Mrs Howson for RE, great teacher Mr Guest, told some wonderful stories.

Good old Mr Wood for drama.

Mr Moxon and Mr Day for art.

Mrs Parkin was headteacher in my first year.

Jennings for physics,

Kyte and McClusky for maths,

Mr Tomkins and Naylor for PE.

Mr Kesterton then became our form teacher and my history teacher, I thought he was alright but i know a lot of pupils disagreed.

Mr Pringle for technology, didn't get on with him, said I was a day dreamer, talked about his boat a lot.

I remember a daft class in the fifth year called guidence with a teacher called Hughes, what was that about.

Mr Ashton for Astronomy and other mad stuff.

Gabby, Eef, Fez, Daz Phillips, Mally, Richard Cutts, Neil Lennon, Ian Teather, Lesley, Bonny, Steve Rhodes and many many more

I went to Hurfield Boys School from 1961 to 1966

I remember Mr Machin the sports teacher not a very nice man:rant:

After we left they joined the boys & girls school together,they obviously didn't trust us boys back then:hihi:

rich siddall when did u leave i remember all those teachers but none of the other names i left in 84