Street dance classes in Sheffield

Search. It's been done a couple of times already on here :thumbsup:

I have been to City Limits Dance Centre not very good though. Beginner classes are full for the first couple of weeks then drop off very quickly. They don't have much time for there students!!

I would recommend Cubbanna on a Saturday, beginner classes from 2pm onwards. Great atmosphere & great teachers!!!

Dance Academy is good based in Crystal Peaks also does Tap!!

Also look on the net for classes in your area.

Several similar threads merged.

I looked into Drapers at Beighton and they said they don't do adult classes but they do have an adult social dance meet every Saturday I think.

I've been going to salsa lessons in the city centre for a bit (just off West Bar) and it's great fun and not at all intimidating. But the two girls I used to go with have stopped and I just haven't got the motivation to go on my own any more! Any one fancy being a salsa buddy?!

Hi, my first post btw! :D

I'm looking for somewhere to start trying to learn some decent dancing, basically I'm fed up of been completely cack on the 'floor in the liquid club (Rotherham) every time I go in lol

I've got some martial arts abckground (TKD (7 mnths) Muay Thai (Phil Glover, Maltby 5 months) multi-martial arts (TRC college 3 months) ) and I figured this should help with things like flexibility and stuff but I'm not the strongest of guys, and also as I said I'm completely hopeless (at the minute) so I was looking for a total beginner class where its fairly comfortable. I know from bad experiences trying to find martial arts classes that sometimes an environment can be unnecesarilly(sp?) intimidating to beginners so If anyone has also been to/goes to the classes then mini-review would be cool! :D

Thanks guys

Forgot to add, I'm hoping to go down the Source gym sometime next week or week after (just letting a kneee injury rest, which I did at Liquid! :D) purely for the reason of starting the JKD there. I've got a couple of mates who do just pure fitness there, but I'll probably just be doing lessons. Hope to see some of ya there!

Did you ever find anywhere to go? My girlfriend is German and was part of an Irish Dance Group before she moved to Sheffield last September, she has said maybe she'll get back into it at some point.

I've been going to salsa lessons in the city centre for a bit (just off West Bar) and it's great fun and not at all intimidating. But the two girls I used to go with have stopped and I just haven't got the motivation to go on my own any more! Any one fancy being a salsa buddy?!

Hi, did you find anyone to go with? Ive never been to a salsa class before but love dancing and a quick learner if you're still looking I'd like to give it a go!

Sorry, only just saw that this thread had been bumped back up!

I do tap dancing at a dance class in central Sheffield and, although it's an adult class, I think there are classes for kids too. Pm if you want details. They also do street (although I don't because I'd look competely ridiculous trying to do all that 'popping')

As for the salsa, I haven't been for well over a year now so am a complete beginner again and am not sure if the classes I used to attend are still going.

what's street dance?!

i could teach you how to breakdance but i'm thinking street dance is something quite different to that ?!

i'll throw a few body popping sessions in too. :P

bedhead, i know you posted that years and years ago, but i'm up for breakdancing, if you're still about. bec